Texas Hunting Forum

What are your essentials to keep on your UTV?

Posted By: jsplinter

What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 01:28 PM

I already got a tool kit, tire repair kit and am thinking about getting an air compressor. If you have an air compressor please recommend size and brand. Also anything else you think one should always carry with them just in case
Posted By: Navasot

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 01:37 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6227822/Re:_Air_Compressor#Post6227822

Id grab this

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 01:37 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6227822/Re:_Air_Compressor#Post6227822
Posted By: Insayn

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 01:52 PM

Tire plug kit, compressor, small tool bag and a self aid kit (tourniquet, Oales 4" modular bandage, Combat Gauze, Nasal Trumpet and an Angiocath).
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 01:56 PM

Tow strap, plus dog stuff, plus the kitchen sink.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 02:12 PM

I keep a ton of carp in my Ranger. To much but I hate having to come back to the barn to get something to do a repair on a feeder, fix a flat, or fence repair. Even keep spare road feeder parts and fuses.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 02:14 PM

Water, drill, screws (wood and self tapping), snacks, flashlight, rain suit.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
I already got a tool kit, tire repair kit and am thinking about getting an air compressor. If you have an air compressor please recommend size and brand. Also anything else you think one should always carry with them just in case

Everything that has been mentioned here plus a "come along" in the front storage of my mule. With my mule having a windshield, I also keep glass cleaner and a small squeegee in mine. As for the air compressor, I would think any little 12 volt would work, some would just take longer than others. Kawasaki has put a nice 12 volt plug-in on the dash of the newer Mules. Works great for a compressor. Also, I keep my dog first-aid bag in the front storage. Like Mr. Oxner mentioned, be a good Boy Scout and always go to the field prepared for anything. One last thing, I mounted a Hylift Jack to the back rock screen behind the cab. It has proven to be the greatest tool of all...winch, lift, etc.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 02:45 PM

Nobody said T.P. yet, am I the only one? Tools, ratchet straps, a tow strap without hooks, and a cheap flashlight.

As far as compressors go, I've had one of THESE banging around the truck for years. They started making them with a cigarette lighter plug, and it's worthless. Cut that off, get some good alligator clips to go directly to the battery, and it's a great little compressor for cheap.
Posted By: rabbit_jack

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 02:53 PM

Tool kit, tire repair and compressor, tp and definitely a cooler with ice cold....! wink
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: rabbit_jack
Tool kit, tire repair and compressor, tp and definitely a cooler with ice cold....! wink

I have found if you keep Dos XX in there it will run better cheers
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:13 PM

Air compressor bought at Northern Tool, small, comes with a bag, strong enough to pump truck tire up.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:23 PM

Tool kit, axe, machete, saw, shovel, high lift jack, 2 pieces (12" x 12")of diamond plate aluminum (to set jack on in soft mud), Tire plug kit, Air compressor (the little one made by Slime is what I'm switching to next year), First aid kit with skin stapler (for dogs and humans), extra ammo, Pop Tarts, Granola Bars, Cooler with Whiskey, Sprites / Dr peppers. Water for dogs. Probably forgetting something.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:39 PM

Thank you very much everyone. Definitely some things I didn't think about

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:45 PM

Tie wire (roll used for tying rebar), pliers, hand hatchet, toe strap, bungee chords, ratchet strap, screw drivers, vise grip, I'm sure I forgot something.

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 03:54 PM

Oh yeah, toilet paper and toilet (bucket with bottom cut out)

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

worthless bolt roflmao

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

worthless bolt roflmao

Only one I could find. You can see the bucket up on the top of the dog box. I haven't had to use it but it has saved my buddy. flush

Posted By: twinbubba

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 06:02 PM

Many of the things others have mention but I also keep a set of limb loppers in the bed. I leave the bucket with the bottom cut out at camp.....cause I lost my fur lined toilet seat. flush JK

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 06:08 PM

Hey CCBirddogman, gota have da whiskey and Coke,

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/18/16 06:10 PM

dirty 7 makes for a long day
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/19/16 08:27 PM

This has gotten me out f more jams than anything mentioned on this thread. Can any of you guess what it is?

Posted By: JustWingem

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/19/16 08:47 PM

A spare half gallon of Jack Daniels!

Mounted gas can, I forget to look at the gauge often but that could be due to the Jack Daniels.

Mounted ice chest! Loose ones slide around and shake up passengers Beer!

Hidden key somewhere incase you forget it at home. (Refer to above Jack Daniels or old age) I have 2 zip tied on mine.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/19/16 09:36 PM

all of above plus wasp spray, snake bite kit, phone charger, zip ties, work gloves, nuts/bolts/screws, 6 and 12 volt feeder batteries, and on and on
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/19/16 11:21 PM

I have not seen a jump box on this thread but it's pretty useful.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/21/16 02:58 AM

I have front and rear baskets on my old Yamaha, and I mounted ammo cans in the front basket. Stuff not in the cans: small machete, limb loppers, chain, wire and some junk. In the cans are WD40, gloves, TP, surveyor tape, Duct tape, extra spark plug, Leatherman tool, ratchet and spark plug socket, ratchet straps, paper towels, and things that don't come to mind right now.

If I didn't live on the place, close to the barn and tools, I'd have slime and an air compressor in the ammo cans. And a plug kit.

About the most useful thing on the ATV is the winch. Gotta have a winch.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/21/16 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

Saw that too, but I don't want it with Dr pepper
Posted By: PJW

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/21/16 04:53 PM

Land anchor.

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/22/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: Navasot

Saw that too, but I don't want it with Dr pepper

Dr Pepper is my Buddies. I chase with Sprite or Ginger Ale. And it makes for a great day!

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 03/22/16 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
This has gotten me out f more jams than anything mentioned on this thread. Can any of you guess what it is?

I think it is a barbed wire fence spreader. Opens up the strands high enough to step through instead of climb over.

Posted By: QuackerJacks

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/22/16 03:23 AM

I think it is a barbed wire fence spreader. Opens up the strands high enough to step through instead of climb over.

auger on the bottom, that appears to be a land anchor
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/25/16 05:16 PM

Just added an essential to my list, and figured it was worth sharing...fire extinguisher!!! Had some mice build a nest under the hood in UTV that started smoking while driving the other day. Realized real quick that if a fire ever started, a fire extinguisher would be might handy, so I added one.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/26/16 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch
Just added an essential to my list, and figured it was worth sharing...fire extinguisher!!! Had some mice build a nest under the hood in UTV that started smoking while driving the other day. Realized real quick that if a fire ever started, a fire extinguisher would be might handy, so I added one.

good move - buddy at our lease drove his polaris out on the ranch, smelled smoke, and it was on fire underneath. The 22 shells start exploding. A rat had build a nest next to his exhaust and had carried some shells into the nest. Scared the heck out of the guy - he got it put out with beer.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/26/16 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch

good move - buddy at our lease drove his polaris out on the ranch, smelled smoke, and it was on fire underneath. The 22 shells start exploding. A rat had build a nest next to his exhaust and had carried some shells into the nest. Scared the heck out of the guy - he got it put out with beer.

Lol!! Talk about excitement....
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/28/16 04:31 AM

12 gauge pliers lighter bug spray sunscreen plug kit 12 volt compressor 90 proof rainjacket tarp duct tape tow strap extra belt tools tp in a plastic bag jumper cables flagging tape flashlight zip ties. Too lazy for punctuation.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/28/16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: QuackerJacks

auger on the bottom, that appears to be a land anchor

Always called that a "dead man."
Posted By: BigPig

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/29/16 03:50 PM

Toilet paper, beer, rifle. That's all I need. If tire goes flat, I'll drive it back to camp.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: What are your essentials to keep on your UTV? - 04/29/16 06:29 PM

10 ply tires
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum