Texas Hunting Forum

Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service?

Posted By: BA223

Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 03/18/16 01:32 AM

Just wondering if any of you folks have personal experience using this Polaris dealer for service? That's the closest dealer to me. If you have used them, please speak up....good or bad. Thanks!

BA
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 03/18/16 03:55 AM

Not since the ownership change. Prior to that, I was charged $100 to replace a circuit breaker that cost less than 10 bucks at AutoZone, that took less than 15 minutes to change when it went out again 6 months later.

So yeah, shysters about like any other ATV dealer.

If you're outside of the warranty period, I'd strongly suggest Todd Kirby out in Rowlett. His # is 972-896-1002. Polaris wanted $800 to replace the starter on my nephew's Outlaw 90. Todd replaced the starter and rebuilt the carb for half that. Just started it the other day after sitting for months, runs like a champ.

Well, WELL worth the drive.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 03/18/16 05:06 PM

I agree with Willie...Todd is your best bet for service on a Polaris.
Posted By: BA223

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 03/20/16 09:57 PM

Thanks for the reference, guys. Sounds like Todd is the man. I'll give him a call. My 2011 has been sitting for a while since I lost my lease. Was thinking about taking it in to get a good overall check and service on it. But, now I'm thinking I may just sell it... Or trade it in for something smaller.
Posted By: Wreckem04

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 03/30/16 05:09 PM

they are crooks! up-sale and over charge is their motto.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 04/18/16 03:40 AM

Check out RC Motorsports just east of Mckinney. Used him for a few things and he is fair and great work.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Any experience with Freedom Powersports in McKinney, for service? - 04/22/16 04:16 AM

Any dealer is gonna be high and I learned the hard way years ago. If you don't have deep pockets or connections the small shops are best.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum