Texas Hunting Forum

Ranger Tires

Posted By: SniperRAB

Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 04:54 PM

Took TLK's recommendation and looks like I am running with the Essex's BUT GOOD LORD I may need to sell a Kidney roflmao

Sure are proud of those Suckers bang
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 05:50 PM

Post some pics when you get them. I looked for them a few months back and all I could find was Essex Tirf tires

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Post some pics when you get them. I looked for them a few months back and all I could find was Essex Tirf tires

I am pricing the SUREFOOT 6 ply Kevlar belted ...
Beki is sending me a Pic Sir up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 07:31 PM

Keep you a plug kit and 12v pump handy....you will still get flats up Oh wait, my bad...you only drive on the roads. hammer

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Keep you a plug kit and 12v pump handy....you will still get flats up Oh wait, my bad...you only drive on the roads. hammer

Amigo...these Factory Tires have so many plugs in them that they look like a second set of tread..and I had that one that I cut the sidewall around Christmas and had Grooms in Rock Springs sell me a used one to get me through the trip..went to the dock to fish and came back and now I have a nice ole slice down the inside of one..
Its Time bang
Posted By: throckmorton_hunter

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/07/16 09:55 PM

Just put Essex tires on my Ranger , still slimed them just for good measure . Really like the look & tread . Should last for a long time !!!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 01:21 AM

Ain't that something!!!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 11:24 AM

I slime mine too - a number of our lease members use these tires and everyone loves them. We drive through some pretty nasty stuff - thorns, staubs, etc. Stuff that will eat up regular tires. They are pricey but last a long long time unless you drive them a lot on asphalt, etc. and then the tread will eventually wear. But for ranch driving they are the best IMO
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 01:34 PM

Have a friend who uses several UTVs daily for his business. Flat tires are downtime and lost revenue for them. They switched over to Essex Kevlars on all their rigs and have been very satisfied.
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 02:15 PM

I have had the Essex Kevlar tires on my machine since I bought it, and I doubt anyone is as hard on machines as I am. I have not had one flat in 5 years now.
Posted By: Blue Tick

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 02:47 PM

I've heard good things about the essex tires, just have never tried them. I just bought a new 900xp and put on some 14" HD's and motoclaws. Let us know how they work out for you.

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/08/16 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Blue Tick
I've heard good things about the essex tires, just have never tried them. I just bought a new 900xp and put on some 14" HD's and motoclaws. Let us know how they work out for you.

Will do Sir...gettin them Slapped on tomorrow when this weather breaks... up

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 04:06 PM

Got the new shoes put on the Mobile Vessel of Destruction...Dan, Beki and Jason over at Essex are a great group up

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 04:17 PM

Link for SniperRAB

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 04:30 PM

rofl roflmao

I have one of those and last time my compressor didnt work and I had to walk 5 miles...

It was ugly rofl

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 04:39 PM

I always have a plug kit and 12v air compressor in my Ranger and Truck. I am just a phone call away. Oh snap, you don't use a phone to make a call. grin
Get you both for your Ranger. I have seen flats on Essex Tires in West Texas on our Mule Deer lease. I run cheap tires and I have to plug. They run expensive tires and still have to plug. We all use Slime or tire sealant. Greasewood, Mesquite and a couple of other brush species are nasty stuff out west. Most do not have thorns. I had more issues with holes from Devils Claw/Horse Crippler Cactus this past year. I could have left all 7 thorns in that one tire and let the sealant work. I chose to plug all 7 holes in that one tire instead. I hate down time when hunting.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 04:53 PM

I've bought so much Slime that they send me a Christmas card every year.

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:05 PM

I "HAD" keyword a little Kolbalt 12 v compressor STX and I keep a plug kit under the seat Sir and I run the good Slime that they use in the TxDot tractors..BUT I found me a VERY SHARP Edwards County Rock that got the inside sidewall. AND upon attempting to use the little compressor it never would work so after that recipe for disaster...I went with a heavier Ply tire and a SPARE now and a new compressor bang

Have had good luck with the repair Kits I carry in the Ranger and both Trucks up

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:10 PM

Link for when SniperRAB ruins an Essex Tire

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:29 PM

rofl

Heatren roflmao

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:36 PM

There is always another option....

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:42 PM

There is always another option....

If you only knew....

You better PRAY to GOD you don't have a flat on this Hunt....I will NEVER let you live it down and will drive past you doing 40 mph and throw out a Dos XX bottle roflmao rofl rofl

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:45 PM

I will have flat(s) on any hunt because I don't just stay on the good roads. I will be prepared for that. You just better hope and pray to God you don't have a flat. The whole world will hear about it and see it on THF. rofl

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:51 PM

Navasot an TRex have a Mission....

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 05:54 PM

I plan on flats. Just better hope you don't get one. grin
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

you want me to make the tire flat or find the nails on the road??? eek2

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

We have a Mission to take STX out of commission rofl
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 07:46 PM

roflmao

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/09/16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

We have a Mission to take STX out of commission rofl

Posted By: BigPig

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/10/16 05:40 AM

Better step up your game

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/10/16 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
Better step up your game

Its crossed my mind roflmao
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Ranger Tires - 03/10/16 02:45 PM

How did Thelma and Louise drive all over those desert pastures in a 1666 thunderbird without having a flat before they went over the cliff?

offtopic

Do you know why the Ram went over the cliff? He didn't see the ewe turn.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum