Texas Hunting Forum

Essex cevlar tires ???

Posted By: throckmorton_hunter

Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 02:43 AM

Looking to put these on my Polaris

Any reviews ??
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 02:44 AM

Buddy has them on his mule, hasn't had a puncture since he put them on two years ago. I wish they made car tires like them.

I think best money you could spend on a utv
Posted By: JeremyKS

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 03:08 AM

They are worth the money. I never had a hole in one. My stock tires looked liked a porcupine with all the plugs.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 11:12 AM

You need to get whatever stock tires that came on Stxranchmans Ranger. According to him they are more durable than Kevlar. rolleyes
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 11:32 AM

I bought some last spring so this is my first season with them. I still had them slimmed.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 12:28 PM

have run them for years. we are in deep south texas with thorns, staubs, etc. I use slime too.

several thoughts. There are three sizes - 25, 26, and 27's. The 25 and 27's are more aggressive tread - little rougher riding but much more rubber and tread on them. The 26's are not as thick or aggressive tread but smoother riding. If you are using for hunting mainly then the 25 or 27 are the choice. Only difference in those two are that the 27's are an inch higher clearance. I prefer the 27's.

I suggest calling the Essex folks - they are in Dallas area and the owner is very very knowledgeable and helpful. Describe to him what your use is and get his input.

Overall they have saved us lots of headaches -
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/10/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
have run them for years. we are in deep south texas with thorns, staubs, etc. I use slime too.

several thoughts. There are three sizes - 25, 26, and 27's. The 25 and 27's are more aggressive tread - little rougher riding but much more rubber and tread on them. The 26's are not as thick or aggressive tread but smoother riding. If you are using for hunting mainly then the 25 or 27 are the choice. Only difference in those two are that the 27's are an inch higher clearance. I prefer the 27's.

Overall they have saved us lots of headaches -

x2. Like TLK said, there are 3 different sizes with the 25s and 27s being the more aggressive. They are extremely rough due to the thick sidewalls, but we aired them down to around 10 psi and they are much more manageable.

We have had our set of the 25" on 2 different Kubota RTV's and they've held up to everything we've put them through. Cactus, mesquites, rocks, sand...you name it and I put it through it. (just don't tell pops roflmao) Only got it stuck once, and that was due to high centering it, not the tires fault.
Posted By: techzan

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/13/15 03:15 AM

I've had the same set of Essex tires on my Rhino for a few years and couldn't be happier with them.
Posted By: MattinDallas

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/13/15 02:27 PM

Buy them, they work. I have run them since 2002 or 2003. I have the 27 inch mud tires
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/16/15 03:42 AM

I have them on 2 polaris' and a mule. I have literally ran one flat over 4 miles back to camp. Never put air in them and they look like a pin cushion full of thorns. I wouldn't own a UTV or ATV without them.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/16/15 12:32 PM

Ditto... They're the bomb

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/17/15 08:09 PM

Just got them put on .. Great folks to do business with

Dan , Essex Tires
Ft Worth

817-847-4555

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/18/15 04:22 PM

up well...lets see it

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/18/15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: throckmorton_hunter
Just got them put on .. Great folks to do business with

Dan , Essex Tires
Ft Worth

817-847-4555
which ones you buy?
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/21/15 07:53 AM

Run them around Sanderson/Dryden working and hunting. Tough, durable, without equal and they ride and drive like crap. Probably worth the bad ride.

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/21/15 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: westexhunt
Run them around Sanderson/Dryden working and hunting. Tough, durable, without equal and they ride and drive like crap. Probably worth the bad ride.

try the 26's - ride is much better

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/21/15 03:45 PM

I bought the 25's , , That is what fir my Polaris

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/21/15 06:58 PM

I think the 26s will fit polaris too - just fyi
Posted By: tigger

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 12/21/15 11:52 PM

Run for a long time, ruined one early on a piece of metal other than that on they have been great. Just ordered a new set have not put them on waiting for old ones to cause issues. Tread is almost gone.

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 01/04/16 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: westexhunt

Air them down some. That's the only way we got our Kubota RTV to ride worth a crap.
Posted By: Rembrandt

Re: Essex cevlar tires ??? - 01/07/16 11:13 PM

We deal with a lot of locust thorns, like running over razor sharp 16d nails. Since installing the Essex tires (4 yrs) haven't had one flat or a puncture. Tread is much more aggressive and fantastic in mud and snow. One thing that makes a difference is they are 6 ply -vs- typical ATV 4 ply tires.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum