Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help...

Posted By: ccreyeder

Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 10/07/15 05:46 PM

We got a new Kawasaki Mule Pro FXt a couple of months ago. It is time for the break-in maintenance on it, so I was out at the lease last weekend with the intention of changing the oil and oil filter (supposed to be done at 20 hours and I now have about 27 hours on it)

The problem is the owner's manual is VERY lacking in detail for this. I guess they want you to take it in to the dealer, but our lease is 2-3 hours away from the dealer so just isnt practical.

Crawling under, I located TWO drain plugs in close proximity to each other in the rear, under the engine. The more forward one is brass colored, and the more rear one is gray colored and slightly larger. With the skid plate in place, cant really see much in terms of which one might be the oil pan/transmission, etc...

Also... I looked and looked, but never could find the oil filter bang

So, I decided to wait and talk to someone at the dealer, but they were closed when I went by...

Anybody change the oil and filter on theirs by themselves? If so, which drain plug is the oil and where is the oil filter?

Thanks!
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 10/07/15 08:24 PM

Don't know but youtube is a good source to help you cheers

Re: Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 10/07/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: crosshare
Don't know but youtube is a good source to help you cheers

lol... true, you can find dang near anything on youtube. Ill have to give it a search
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 10/31/15 06:13 PM

The oil drain plug is in the oval shaped hole in the skid plate. The only oval hole in the skid plate, the rest of the holes are round. The filter is a bit of a tough job. It's behind the kick plate (where the passengers heels would hit) in the rear seat passenger side. You have to take the rear seat out and the kick plate off.
Changing the oil is easy, changing the filter not so much. They need to install an access panel in the rear kick plate to access the filter. This is the only thing I don't like about my Mule Pro.

Re: Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 11/02/15 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
The oil drain plug is in the oval shaped hole in the skid plate. The only oval hole in the skid plate, the rest of the holes are round. The filter is a bit of a tough job. It's behind the kick plate (where the passengers heels would hit) in the rear seat passenger side. You have to take the rear seat out and the kick plate off.
Changing the oil is easy, changing the filter not so much. They need to install an access panel in the rear kick plate to access the filter. This is the only thing I don't like about my Mule Pro.

Stompy, thanks man!! That helped alot!

Unfortunately, the screws holding the kick panel in place are so dang tight, I cant get them out, I started to round them out, so stopped before I caused any damage. I guess I will take it in and let the dealer mess with it this first time. Also, I am going to have them replace the screws with bolts so I can do it myself next time. You are right, definitely NOT easy to get to, an "access panel" would be nice.

Once I get it back, I might have to do a youtube video... there was absolutely nothing on the web detailing it as far as I could find.

Thanks again for the help!
Posted By: DTCOOPER

Re: Anyone with a Kawasaki Pro FXT? I need some help... - 11/19/15 09:58 PM

There's a TSB for the initial oil change.. Dealers are supposed to be making the following modification, making it MUCH easier for us to change our own oil. smile

Here's a link to download the pdf from my One Drive Cloud.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DEF783E9CD041387!2510&authkey=!ADNHlxRJ5oxFXEo&ithint=file%2cpdf

edited to add: just copy and paste it.. I shared the file on the cloud.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum