Texas Hunting Forum

Polaris chain? Is it worth it?

Posted By: Ccnyvfish

Polaris chain? Is it worth it? - 07/26/15 01:17 PM

I am currently looking at older Polaris atvs. For the most part they are pretty nice. The only problem is the chain. It is so exposed and not sure if I want to take the chance of a stick, mud, or anything getting stuck in it and breaking down. What are your opinions?
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Polaris chain? Is it worth it? - 07/26/15 02:37 PM

I've not had any issues with mine since I've owned it, and it's still going strong. I've owned my '03 since '05 and it's been issue free.

Clean and lube it as needed (I do this with mine after every other use) and you are good to go. It takes 5 minutes.
Posted By: TDH09

Re: Polaris chain? Is it worth it? - 07/29/15 12:24 PM

I have a friend with a polaris Big Boss 6x6 for sale. All new chains and sprockets, new brakes and new front shocks. PM if you are interested and I will fwd his contact info.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Polaris chain? Is it worth it? - 07/29/15 12:38 PM

Uncle has a Polaris 6-wheeler with dump bed. I feel pretty confident in saying that the chain has never been serviced in any way. Its a late 90's model and still runs fine. It doesn't see much intense off road use as far as deep mud etc. but we have worked the hell out of it and its never given us trouble.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum