Texas Hunting Forum

Motocross type Gas Cans

Posted By: SniperRAB

Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/11/15 11:54 PM

With the no spill nozzle, I have seen them at Mikes Off-road in Ft Worth...anyone know the best place to find them reasonable around the Metro Mess...I think they were around 35-50 bucks confused2
STXRANCHMAN had a nice looking one on our hunt but he wouldn't take his eye off if it long enough roflmao
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 01:14 AM

I used to get mine from the local Yamaha shop and Harry's Hot rods but that was years ago.

Try Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-VP-5-Gall...25d&vxp=mtr
Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 01:40 AM

A month to late bang I sold two KTM orange ones last month.

http://autoplicity.com/1247258-vp-fuel-c...CFYI9aQodJrEAlg

http://autoplicity.com/936408-scribner-2...CFYNFaQodUb4A1g

http://www.cabelas.com/product/VP-RACING...9426&rid=20

Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 02:54 AM

$35-40 is going rate. Any ATV/motorcycle shop will have them. Also Cabelas has them.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 03:56 AM

I've used THESE to replace the **** nozzles that come on the new gas cans, and to replace the cracked ones on old cans. They work really well if you drill a hole in the back of the can like the old vented ones, and then use a golf tee to seal them. I got mine from a defunct seller on amazon, just found these on ebay as an example. They're getting harder to find.

Maybe not what you were looking for, but thought I'd throw it out there.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 04:23 AM

I think I've got two of those around here somewhere I'll give you if you ever make it out to lubbock. I used to use them at track days but since I sold the bikes don't need them anymore

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 10:57 AM

Thanks Guys and You da man Dustin up
Using this current one to top off the Ranger is a challenge at best bang
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 07:15 PM

Don't give him anything Dustin

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/12/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
Don't give him anything Dustin

You Zip it roflmao

Man is polite and benevolent up
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/13/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Shotgun Willie
I've used THESE to replace the **** nozzles that come on the new gas cans, and to replace the cracked ones on old cans. They work really well if you drill a hole in the back of the can like the old vented ones, and then use a golf tee to seal them. I got mine from a defunct seller on amazon, just found these on ebay as an example. They're getting harder to find.

Maybe not what you were looking for, but thought I'd throw it out there.

You can also drill a hole and put a rubber valve stem through it, take the schrader valve out and reinstall the cap. May not be completely leak proof but helps.
Posted By: sdunshee

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/13/15 02:09 AM

Bate's Cycle shop off of 35 in Carollton.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/13/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
You can also drill a hole and put a rubber valve stem through it, take the schrader valve out and reinstall the cap. May not be completely leak proof but helps.

Dang, didn't even think of that. Good idea.
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/15/15 07:24 PM

AtWoods has them.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/15/15 07:29 PM

Lyssy and Eckels sells the Sniper. Put some on your next feed load. $27.95 IIRC is the retail. up

Re: Motocross type Gas Cans - 03/16/15 02:59 AM

Thanks Justwingem up
Never thought about that STX bang
I grabbed this one at Mikes Off Road for 26 and some change and the tube Kit was 9 bucks..wasn't to excited over the color but it was that or a Pink one eeks333
Bet no one would have stolen that one! Pardon the mess in the ranger, just rolled in and haven't cleaned it out yet...Thanks and that Can is night and day easier to fill Sirs...

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum