Texas Hunting Forum

New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel

Posted By: LAG - CW

New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/14/15 05:29 AM

Looks like a really nice truck!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/14/15 02:02 PM

Article I read said it was more of a 3/8's ton.

Interesting truck, but I think it will be a failure. Its not as big as the big boys in the 3/4 tons and it going to cost a shart pile to buy and likely get poor fuel economy. From what I read it runs a DPF system like the early dodge 6.7. I see mpgs in the teens and emmissions trouble. Maybe they have it figured out better, maybe not.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 03:37 AM

3/8s ton would be less than a 1/2 ton?

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 03:34 PM

Your right make that a 5/8's ton grin I swear the article said 3/8's, but who knows maybe I was just thinking of plywood
Posted By: TxAg

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 04:38 PM

I'll be watching the real-world performance of this truck since word on the street is that Toyota will offer a Tundra with a variation of this same diesel in 2016.

A "5/8 ton" or "heavy half" that gets good mileage could be a good fit for alot of guys. Something with extra payload and improved towing but without a $60K sticker. Initial estimates are that this diesel will pull mid-20's on the highway. We'll see...

If Toyota can build an HD Tundra with the CrewMax cab and a 6.5 bed my decision for next truck will be easy.

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 05:07 PM

The payload is what is keeping it at a lighter use vehicle, I think it is only marginally higher than several of its competitors. You have the motor to move a mountain but the frame and suspension to move a boat. I also don't see them getting mid 20's out of a DPF 315 hp 520 lb ft torque 5.0 v-8 diesel when the much smaller v-6 DEF ram ecodiesel is only able to squeeze out hi 20's.

That plus I bet you could buy a 3/4 ton diesel for the same price so long as you didn't get a loaded one.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
The payload is what is keeping it at a lighter use vehicle, I think it is only marginally higher than several of its competitors. You have the motor to move a mountain but the frame and suspension to move a boat. I also don't see them getting mid 20's out of a DPF 315 hp 520 lb ft torque 5.0 v-8 diesel when the much smaller v-6 DEF ram ecodiesel is only able to squeeze out hi 20's.

That plus I bet you could buy a 3/4 ton diesel for the same price so long as you didn't get a loaded one.

Yep, that's true. The F-150 already offers an increased payload package that gets it bumping 2,000lb. The mileage will be interesting to watch, especially with diesel ~$1.00 more than gas right now.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/27/15 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TxAg
I'll be watching the real-world performance of this truck since word on the street is that Toyota will offer a Tundra with a variation of this same diesel in 2016.

A "5/8 ton" or "heavy half" that gets good mileage could be a good fit for alot of guys. Something with extra payload and improved towing but without a $60K sticker. Initial estimates are that this diesel will pull mid-20's on the highway. We'll see...

If Toyota can build an HD Tundra with the CrewMax cab and a 6.5 bed my decision for next truck will be easy.

Think of it this way, why didn't ram use it for their Eco deisel.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 01/28/15 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: TxAg

Think of it this way, why didn't ram use it for their Eco deisel.

Possibly because they own the Fiat diesel, so maximum profit is made.

Or

Your theory could be correct. What worries me is Toyotas are already known for getting horrible gas mileage so why would this truck be any different.
Posted By: spg

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/06/15 08:21 PM

Your rolling the dice when you get a diesel with a DPF. I have a 12 F-250 and recently deleted the DPF and EGR due to it leaving me on the side of I-10 because a temp sensor on the DPF went out. If you get one make sure you can find a delete kit for it before you buy, the EPA's cracking down on the programmers that have the deleting capability.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/07/15 04:02 AM

The company is not American.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/08/15 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

Amen
Posted By: LAG - CW

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/08/15 02:26 PM

I'm not for or against, but do we all agree that plenty of Americans make PLENTY of money from the sell of Nissans, Toyotas etc?
Posted By: jdickey

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/08/15 05:38 PM

When a truck is made in Texas, such as the Tundra, that's American enough for me!

Nissan is made in Mississippi....I think that's part of America too!

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/08/15 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: jdickey
When a truck is made in Texas, such as the Tundra, that's American enough for me!

...which I said nothing about. My comment was...

The *company* is not American.
Posted By: Erny

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/09/15 02:07 AM

Toyota is traded on the New York York stock exchange? Most of their cars and all of their trucks are made in America. How is that not American?

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/09/15 04:41 AM

The NYSE is not limited to US companies - it includes foreign companies. And, again, I'm not talking about *where the vehicles are assembled*. Determining the "home" for a company based on where vehicles are assembled is wrong and would only confuse matters. You used Toyota as an example - yes, they assemble vehicles in the US. That, coupled with their NYSE listing suggests to you it is American. Well, they also assemble vehicles in France. So - is it an American company or a French company? Neither - both of the American and French assembly operations are wholly owned subsidiaries of Toyota Motor Corp... yes, a multi-national corporation *but based in Japan*.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/15/15 02:00 AM

So you'd rather buy a Chevy truck with 40% American Made Content that is assembled in Mexico than a Toyota Truck with 75% American Content made in the US just because GM is an "American" Company?

What difference does it make where the company is? They still pay US taxes, their employees are Americans.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/15/15 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

So you'd rather buy a Chevy truck with 40% American Made Content that is assembled in Mexico than a Toyota Truck with 75% American Content made in the US just because GM is an "American" Company?

What difference does it make where the company is? They still pay US taxes, their employees are Americans.

Well, yes.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/15/15 05:09 AM

I realize we are a "global economy" however my family lost three people on December 7th 1941 and I will not purchase a product from a company that is from Japan as long as I have a choice. That's the difference to me & not you or anyone else is going to change that period.

And that's the difference.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/15/15 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
I realize we are a "global economy" however my family lost three people on December 7th 1941 and I will not purchase a product from a company that is from Japan as long as I have a choice. That's the difference to me & not you or anyone else is going to change that period.

And that's the difference.

Well I can't argue with that reason, even if I disagree with it.

But if I boycotted every country that killed a member of my family at some point in time I could only own things I built myself.

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/16/15 04:45 PM

So you'd rather buy a Chevy truck with 40% American Made Content that is assembled in Mexico
That would be better than supporting a Jap company but, even better, I bought a Ford which was assembled in Kentucky.

What difference does it make where the company is?
Where money goes.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 02/17/15 04:51 AM

I enjoy cars more than I do hunting, not by much though... I always enjoy these debates on US vs Foreign ownership.

When 2 vehicles are both built here in the US, it's better for a US companies's vehicle to have less US-sourced content, than a Foreign companies vehicle that has more US-sourced content. Really? So do we also not buy GM anymore because they sell more vehicles in China than the US? How could GM let the Chinese buy more, those capitalistic bastards!?! smile

Charlie
Posted By: AP2714

Re: New Nissan Titan 3/4 ton with Cummins diesel - 03/02/15 01:01 AM

Very interesting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum