Texas Hunting Forum

7.3 powerstroke question

Posted By: ijohnston

7.3 powerstroke question - 11/05/14 02:11 PM

Well I was at the lease this weekend and my truck finally told me it needs new injectors. 3 questions

1. What injector would you suggest that would not break the bank?
2. Any opinions on rebuilt injectors?
3. Do any of you know of a good diesel mechanic or powerstroke mechanic in the allen area?
Posted By: spg

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/05/14 02:33 PM

Only one INDUSTRIAL INJECTION, they will take care of you.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/05/14 09:28 PM

^^hopefully their powerstroke stuff is better than their cummins parts....
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/05/14 11:37 PM

do a search, but I found this.

I use a guy in Wylie. K and M automotive. Good prices and he has a good crew that gets it done right.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/06/14 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Bassdeer
do a search, but I found this.

I use a guy in Wylie. K and M automotive. Good prices and he has a good crew that gets it done right.

Keith is a good friend of mine and runs an awesome shop, if I don't have the time to do it or don't want to go through the hassle I send all my stuff his way.

Walter
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/06/14 01:33 PM

I worked on diesels for many years (not anymore), aftermarket injectors are mostly a crap shoot. I always used M&D locally. I would use a stock replacement from a reputable certified local injection shop. Look at it like this, put in all new injectors from a place like Industrial Injection. Six months later one goes out (under the time warranty), you take it to a shop or pull it yourself, mail it off, wait for them to get it, make a determination, (bad fuel no warranty, bad injector our bad either way your going to wait and possibly pay again), then wait for it to get shipped back and then installed. Three weeks later your truck is back on the road. I had horrible customer service from Industrial Injection back in the day, so possibly more down time. With a local supplier your pull the injector drive across town trade it out for a new one (warranty or not) and you are back on the road same day. Worst case your ride breaks down 1000 miles from home, at least you have stock injectors and you can get a matching injector at just about any decent sized town in America. I keep my trucks as close to stock as I can stand these days, it's so much easier to keep them on the road.
Posted By: cibolo

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/13/14 07:11 AM

Defuzer is a good source but as stated by westexhunt close to stock easier to fix.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/13/14 02:27 PM

well I had to put the injectors on hold. had a fuel leak from the separator so I had to replace that. After talking to the mechanic, he thinks my injectors are fine. He thinks I have low oil pressure. I just replaced the HPOP 3 years ago and figured this is a little soon for it to go out. I understand they are not cheap. I had found one for 400 and jumped on it. I am beginning to wonder if I should have just stuck to stock and would not be experiencing this.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/13/14 02:44 PM

I'd find a diesel tech you can trust and stop guessing at it because sooner or later your not gonna fix the right thing and its gonna grenade on you.
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/16/14 07:18 PM

I go with hpop from local injection shop as well. Stock replacement only. This aftermarket is a total crap shoot. There are some good products out there but it's too expensive to be someones product tester.
Posted By: Tbar

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/16/14 07:26 PM

https://www.facebook.com/MadMattsDieselPerformance?pnref=lhc
Posted By: Jman

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/17/14 02:12 PM

Full Force Diesel - they are bench flow tested and warrantied. Matt's one of the better ones around and who I bring my trucks to - it's a PIA to get to his shop for me but I don't trust anyone else. Injectors on a 7.3 can be a DIY project.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/17/14 08:04 PM

Matts a good friend of mine and does stellar work, not to mention a ford certified master diesel tech
Posted By: simon garcia

Re: 7.3 powerstroke question - 11/24/14 02:56 AM

Jbar is correct get it diaged by some who knows the 7.3 something simple like under valve cover harness can make it run bad , diag is cheap compared to throwing parts .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum