Texas Hunting Forum

Accessories for Polaris Ranger

Posted By: pete2506

Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/08/14 03:27 AM

I bought a 2014 Polaris Ranger XP900 about a month ago and have since added a full windshield and roof for it. To those who have had a side by side for some time now, what other accessories do I need to look and think about getting? I hunt on the Red River with lots of sand. Any feedback will be appreciated!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/08/14 05:05 AM

LED light bar above the windshield.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/08/14 07:02 PM

http://www.atvguardshop.com/5352.html
Posted By: KG68

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/08/14 07:21 PM

http://www.utvheadquarters.com/ranger_900_xp?b=1
Posted By: pete2506

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/09/14 02:41 AM

Thanks for the input! I will check the web sites for ideas. As for the LED lights, do you get too much glare when you mount them high?
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/09/14 03:43 AM

I have some extra stuff if your interested in used.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/09/14 05:33 AM

If it ever gets dusty where you're at you'll throw that windshield away pretty soon.
Posted By: jake owens

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/09/14 06:46 AM

What accessories do you have? I have an 800 crew and looking for a high rack seat.
Posted By: spg

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/09/14 05:44 PM

I just sold my 2010 800XP and bought a 2014 crew 900........I got the polaris radio, top, and front windshield........Does anyone know where I can get mirrors, a rear hitch for a road feeder, and a reverse light?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/12/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
If it ever gets dusty where you're at you'll throw that windshield away pretty soon.

There is a very easy and low cost fix for the dust in the cab problem. The dust gets in thru the opening between bottom seat pad and back pad. Buy some high density foam like you would use for a sofa. Cut it about 5 inches wide and stuff it in the opening. Add the back windshield and you have eliminated the problem.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/12/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: spg
I just sold my 2010 800XP and bought a 2014 crew 900........I got the polaris radio, top, and front windshield........Does anyone know where I can get mirrors, a rear hitch for a road feeder, and a reverse light?

For most accessories, check out bigcountryoutdoors.net - they have everything and are awesome guys (Houston).
UTV headquarters has some decent mirrors, if u can't find them at Big Country Outdoors
Posted By: gaharris

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/12/14 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: therancher

There is a very easy and low cost fix for the dust in the cab problem. The dust gets in thru the opening between bottom seat pad and back pad. Buy some high density foam like you would use for a sofa. Cut it about 5 inches wide and stuff it in the opening. Add the back windshield and you have eliminated the problem.

This works: I use a cheap plastic roll up window for the rear that straps on with Velcro, this combined with the foam between the seats does a pretty good job of minimizing the dust issues.
I also use a two gun rifle case strapped in front of my rear window to carry my rifles in a protected foam filled case and dust proof
LED lights on the roof really help for night driving.

Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 03/15/14 02:09 PM

Hey Gary, where did you get that bed cover?
Posted By: RZRDuner1

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 05/17/14 02:50 AM

Consider a winch, gun rack, rear window and a lift with bigger tires. Got all my stuff here. SBS Parts
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 05/18/14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.
I have some extra stuff if your interested in used.

What used stuff do you have? I might be interested
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 05/18/14 02:11 PM

I put a 30" led light bar on my SxS. 13500 lumens and no glare issues.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Accessories for Polaris Ranger - 05/19/14 09:15 PM

I get a lot of stuff from Rocky Mountain ATV
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum