Texas Hunting Forum

A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics)

Posted By: SnakeFarm250

A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:54 AM

While I sit here writing this, it still seems like it was all just a dream. This past weekend I went deer hunting with my best friend just like I do every year. But this trip to his lease in Terrell county Texas was much different then any previous trip has been and most likely will ever be. After my buddy harvested a beautiful Pope&Young 10 point saturday morning we felt the weekend couldn't get much better, little did we know what would happen later that night. Although I love deer hunting, predator hunting is my passion and with that in mind I had loaded my calls and gun before making the trip. After Saturday evening's deer hunt we decided to make a couple calls before going to bed. This deer lease is bowhunting only until December for deer(the lease members made this rule it is not state law). After I suggested to go call my buddy said "Fine, but you have to use your bow". I said whatever it takes and we drove to a familiar area where we have called before. After gettin situated in the back of the truck I sat my E-call on top of the truck and turned it on, it blinked low battery and died instantly. There were four guys in the back of the truck, 3 that had called many times and 1 who was out on his first ever night hunt. Cameron was running the camera, Nick was running the light, and I was forced to call and shoot. As I began calling I figured we would be lucky to get a predator into bow range, much less shoot it but we had to try. After just two minutes of calling Nick(light man) tapped me on the shoulder and that meant only one thing, something was coming in. I gave him the call and picked up my bow ready to shoot whatever stepped out. I heard Nick whisper, "Its a cat, It's a cat!" The adrenaline began to flow as I thought how awesome it would be to shoot a bobcat with a bow on camera. We lost the eyes in the brush and Nick quickly panned the light back and forth until we saw a cat step out at 10yds. Nick's voice cracked as he said "It's a lion!" I quickly came to full draw, but just before I shot it turned back into the brush leaving me at full draw. Cameron whispered get the gun. The gun was unloaded and in the front seat of the truck. I hopped out of the truck as a chill went down my back and scrambled to load the gun and climb back into the back of the truck. At this point the cat had made it to 75yds and was in the thickest brush you have ever seen. Nick continued to call for 45min and the cat finally came 5 ft closer. I rested the 22-250 on Nick's shoulder and found the glowing eyes in the light. Nick said "you better shoot he has had enough." Putting the crosshairs between the eyes I tried to get steady for the most important shot of my life. As the crack of the rifle echoed up and down the river I thought I heard the smack that every hunter hopes for. Me and Nick walked into the brush armed with a 9mm and a tiny hat light, and we were both nervous as heck. The bruch was so thick we couldn't see 3yds infront of us. We finally saw hair and a long tail and the celebration began. This is the female cat shot right in the eye. I cannot begin to express how greatful and excited I am right now. I am 23yrs old and have come to the realization that there is a good chance I will never see, much less shoot a mountain lion again. Enjoy guys!

First the buck Cameron shot.

From left to right Me, Cameron, Nick, JC

Posted By: Kyle Johnson

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:58 AM

Well this will answer some questions ppl have about cats congrats

Posted By: lil_red_ryder

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:06 AM

Awesome!!! Congrats

Posted By: Rocksprings

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:07 AM

A Game Warden told me last week that it was well over a $10,000.00 fine for shooting a mountain lion. Is this true ?

Posted By: Craig B

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:08 AM

Congratulations!!! That will be a lifetime memory.

Posted By: MogulRanch

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:09 AM

that buck looks nice. but the cat and the story behind it i doubt you'll ever forget that story! congratulations! yall probably saved the lives of lots of deer by eliminating her.

Posted By: Rebel.

well im certainly jealous

Posted By: hoyt0307

no its not illegal, i would like to know what game warden said that

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Rocksprings
A Game Warden told me last week that it was well over a $10,000.00 fine for shooting a mountain lion. Is this true ?

No thats a bunch of BS. Mountain lions are legal year round in Texas

Posted By: ouixch

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:12 AM

Just read the Outdoor Annual, it explains everything

Posted By: BigBow

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:13 AM

very cool!

Posted By: Clint778

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:16 AM

where's the video

Posted By: rstewlandman

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:16 AM

i told my wife the other night if I ever shoot one we will be doing a full body mount, now I just have to see, then shoot one....I kept waiting for the..."we didn't find it" or it never came back, or I missed a chance of a lifetime, But to my surprise your story is a Success! congrats man, that is truely special

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:17 AM

I got the video, we didnt get the shot on camera. I couldnt see through the brush. It she would have stayed for about 2 more seconds we would have had her with a bow and on camera!

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:18 AM

post video anyway, I'd like to see what you did capture

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:20 AM

ok, i still havent got in on the computer so it will be a couple of days before ill have time but ill get it up here for sure

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:29 AM

Congratulations man, that is the kill of a lifetime! I'd take that cat over a book deer anyday of the year!!! U lucky sonofagun! Way to go!

Posted By: rater1979

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:30 AM

Holy Smokes! You just did the impossible!

Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:34 AM

He, or she is completely full of cat chit! Where is the GW you are speaking of? If this is what they told you, that Warden should be reported to their captain!

My buddy is the Warden and last year a guy asked him in a resteraunt while we were eating if it was legal to kill a lion as he had one come out and sit in front of him in a sendero the day before. He said it was a huge male cat and that it sat on its arsh for 5 minutes, 50 yards from him facing the opposite direction. He basically gave him a pretty good toungue lashing and told him to read his book he should have gotten when he purchased his license!!!! That guy could have saved approximately a deer a week from this area! Not to mention I've heard guys that are in the know on lions say that they will typically go after the biggest deer they can, which means bucks!

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

He, or she is completely full of cat chit! Where is the GW you are speaking of? If this is what they told you, that Warden should be reported to their captain!

My buddy is the Warden and last year a guy asked him in a resteraunt while we were eating if it was legal to kill a lion as he had one come out and sit in front of him in a sendero the day before. He said it was a huge male cat and that it sat on its arsh for 5 minutes, 50 yards from him facing the opposite direction. He basically gave him a pretty good toungue lashing and told him to read his book he should have gotten when he purchased his license!!!! That guy could have saved approximately a deer a week from this area! Not to mention I've heard guys that are in the know on lions say that they will typically go after the biggest deer they can, which means bucks!

Yeah that was stupid. It cracks me up when people say stuff like this. Just say congrats or dont say anything at all. And next time look it up before you make yourself look stupid

Posted By: kdub

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:42 AM

WOW

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: rebelbell24

No thats a bunch of BS. Mountain lions are legal year round in Texas

its true, send me a check of 5,000 and we will call it even

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:46 AM

what a flippin story!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!

Thanks for sharing that, congrats to your buddy for the book deer. But heck i'd give up a WHOLE lot of things for a cat! Please post the video as soon as you can. I would LOVE to see it!

You really accomplished something awesome! Many hunters dream of that kill! It would have been unbelievable to see that kill on video with your bow. But heck if I were you i wouldnt think twice about it! That kill is significant no matter the circumstances. CONGRATULATIONS!!

please dont forget to post pics when you get the mount!!!!!!!!

ac cheers

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:47 AM

oh and how much she weigh? get any paw pictures????

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:48 AM

There are just a few seconds of the cat on camera but you can definately tell it's a lion. He is also recording when I shoot. You can see the bullet going but it just dissapears into black. Cameron was at a totally different angle with the camera.

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:50 AM

We didn't have a scale but guessed her between 90-110lbs, And thats just a wild [censored] guess. Sorry no paw pics

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:07 AM

You lucky dog congrats flehan

Posted By: timbertoes

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:09 AM

AWESOME, I am totally Jealous!!

Congratulations x 10 ! smile

Posted By: Rowney

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:13 AM

thats bad arse dude. Like several on here, i would take calling a cat over a book deer, or any other animal, any day any time. We have them where we hunt, but the rush of calling one in must be insane.

Posted By: Tres

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:15 AM

You are officially the man! flehan That is bad azz! cheers

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:18 AM

congrats to you and your buddy, thats a weekend of a lifetime right there

Posted By: sig1921

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:27 AM

awesome hunt, congrats

Posted By: B-swit

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:30 AM

once in a lifetime experience right there. congrats!

flehan

Posted By: hoghunta

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:34 AM

nice cat

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:36 AM

that is amazing!!!

Posted By: ProximoMetalica

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:45 AM

Wow, most of us will never even see a Mountain Lion, much less get a shot at one. Great Job!

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 05:09 AM

Dude that is awesome. A awesome buck and a once in a lifetime cat for most people anyway. Congrats.

Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 05:44 AM

Wow! That is an awesome story! I thought it was gonna end with a bobcat with a bow not a freakin Mt. Lion! I hope you went and got a few lottery tickets after that! Congrats! cheers

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 06:25 AM

That oughta shut the naysayers up for a little while. Congrats on a great kill. BTW, I don't begrudge the cats a few deer. We have way to many deer and not near enough cats these days. These pics will spice up many a walk thru the woods at dusk now. I kinda like knowing I just might not be the apex predator out there.

Posted By: kry226

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 11:19 AM

Congrats. Make sure you contact TPWD and let them know. Here's a great write-up about these cats in Texas:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_w7000_0232.pdf

Posted By: hightower1

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:02 PM

Awesome!!! That would have really been incredible had you got the cat with the bow! I've killed a few bobcats but I would love the chance to at least just see a lion. Congrats on a very memorable experience!

Posted By: Jasb

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:16 PM

Man that is awesome!! Way to go.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:17 PM

I'm afraid you're mistaken. That's a bobcat.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've seen a couple of lions, but never long enough to even reach for my gun, much less get a shot off. I can't even imagine how fast your heart was beating when it came in to your call and you were armed with a bow.

That's 1 in a million. Congrats.

Posted By: father of 4

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:20 PM

Nice shootin. Congrats

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:25 PM

Congrats on a kill of a lifetime! What call were you using? I would contact the maker of the call and show them the pics! Are you going to spring for a full body mount? Congrats again!
Oh yeah, it would be cool if you could some how, paint it black for pics, then back to it's original color, lol.

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 12:49 PM

not illegal at all congrats on an awesome hunt

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:00 PM

You just lived every hunters dream right there,

Posted By: Black02z28

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:01 PM

Congrats!

Posted By: jrye

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:02 PM

Must have been the runt of the litter! Just kidding. Congrats on your catamount. clap

Posted By: Luv2Hunt

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:07 PM

Congratulations on the beautiful buck and incredible mountain lion. No, the regulations say that mountain lions are considered predators and as such, are open year round.

I wonder how much it would cost to get that lion taxidermied?

I can only IMAGINE how your heart must have been hammering in your chest and you had the bow. What about your other buddies who didn't have anything with a full-grown mountain lion just yards from you. Man, oh man.

A book buck and a mountain lion all in the same weekend. That is a lifetime memory.

Posted By: ssgp2

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:09 PM

That ain't nuthin', I take 3 or 4 a year, with a spear or sometimes with my hands. I usually just sneak up on 'em.
jk.
YOU are THE MAN! My hat's off to you sir. flehan

Posted By: Greg

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:10 PM

WOW... great story and congrats to you and your buddy. Two beautiful creatures right there. You said you shot it in the eye... did it tear things up? Doesn't look in too bad of shape. Hope not b/c that will make a great mount. You will just have to tell your friends that you were aiming right in "BETWEEN" the eyes and must have "PULLED" the shot a little....HAHA . rifle paw bounce

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:15 PM

That is a VERY COOL STORY AND AWESOME CAT!!!

FINALLY PROOF THAT TEXAS HAS LIONS!!!!! I love it!!!

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:20 PM

Great story and that's a really nice buck, congratulations to your buddy. Now as for you, I'm speechless. There are very few people that ever get such a once in a lifetime opportunity such as that but what's even more important is you DIDN'T screw it up!! That is AWESOME !!

C
O
N
G
R
A
T
U
L
A
T
I
O
N
S

!
!
!
!

Posted By: janie

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:24 PM

Absolutely incredible. Congrat's to you sir! up

Posted By: GreenAggie

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:27 PM

That's too cool! Congrats! up

Posted By: TX_Huntress

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:31 PM

Wow!!! Truly amazing!!! Way to go!!

Posted By: MELWAY450

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:35 PM

Awesome story and congatulations!
Lets see that video!

Posted By: cannon88

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 01:49 PM

Very beautiful lion! Congrats on an awesome experience! So, are you going to be able to mount it???

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:03 PM

AWESOME for sure, it's nice to see a real mountain lion on here and not have to go check snopes to see if it is legit. YOU DA MAN up flehan

Posted By: tgil

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:07 PM

Excellent! Congrats!

Posted By: Hunts_With_Stick

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:15 PM

Man such a cool story! Your a lucky dude no doubt!

What did you decide to do with it? Full body mount or what?

Posted By: tjshockler

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:16 PM

Thats sweet guys,that will be a night you all will talk about the rest of your lives!Congrats!I bet the guy who was on his first night hunt is hooked for sure now!

Posted By: JCB

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:30 PM

Thats a hunt you will never forget!

It just doesnt get any better than that right there!

Congrats!

Posted By: Sully

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:48 PM

Awesome! Heck of a weekend! Congrats!

Posted By: John2

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 02:55 PM

I cant say anything more except what a great story and pics.
Congratulations. up

Posted By: Jase

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:24 PM

That is amazing! Great story, awesome buck and too cool about the lion!

The guys on my lease tell me that they've heard lions from time to time, but we've never seen one.

Posted By: Skipper98

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:50 PM

Now go shoot Big Foot!Lol JK!! Thats is super awsome and you are D-Man!

Posted By: taco bender

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 03:59 PM

man! that is awesome.

Posted By: jbhlsu

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:22 PM

Wow hell of a weekend! Congrats cheers

Posted By: Regretzi

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 04:56 PM

Man that right there is bad arse!! There is no way I could hit that thing with my heart beating 200 times per minute. Congrats!!

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 05:55 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

There is actually a pretty funny back story to this that makes it even more special if that is even possible.

Me, Cameron, and Nick, the same guys that I was with when we killed the lion, All went calling the very first time together. Nick had called in a bobcat to probably 50yds and I flat missed him in the wide open. This bobcat was huge, Im going to say it was pushing 40lbs if not more. And this was the first time ever to go calling. Well they haven't stopped raggin me for years sayin "You missed the biggest bobcat any of us have ever seen!" I mean anytime calling is brought into conversation they would bring it up. It just seems meant to be that I would redeem myself with a true Big Cat.

I am looking at getting it mounted life size, it will make your nose start bleeding when you hear how much that will run you, but It's a once in a lifetime deal and I will find a way to get it done. Thanks guys.

Posted By: mbavo

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 06:00 PM

awsome man,congrats. you should try your best to get it mounted. you will be happy for years to come.

Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeFarm250

I am looking at getting it mounted life size, it will make your nose start bleeding when you hear how much that will run you, but It's a once in a lifetime deal and I will find a way to get it done. Thanks guys.

I have no affiliation with the Flagg Group in Dallas but I have had a couple bucks shoulder mounted there and they do a nice job. Looks like they charge $3,100.00 on their website for a full sized lion, which is expensive but I believe I would find a way to make it happen. Congrats on taking advantage of a defining moment! Its something you'll remember the rest of your life.

http://www.theflagggroupinc.com/pricingamerican.html

Posted By: mmccalli

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 07:26 PM

Cameron is a good guy. Good to see.

Posted By: Stick-n-String

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 07:36 PM

Sorry if someone already posted this. From the outdoor annual:

"BLACK BEARS and MOUNTAIN LIONS
Black bears are protected and cannot be hunted or killed. Mountain lions are not protected and can be harvested at any time. Please report black bear sightings or mortalities, and mountain lion sightings, harvests, or mortalities to (512)389-8047."

Sweet kill.

Posted By: TexasWhitetailConnection

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 08:11 PM

Congrats!! Great story telling, I felt I was right there with you. rifle

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 08:20 PM

Fantastic!! Absolutely a hunt you'll never forget and able to share with your family and friends for years! That's stories you always hear about, but never see or witnessed, you've accomplished both and shared those with us.

Very nice buck..awesome, and outstanding cougar! I'm hoping to get an opportunity for one in the future.

So, what price range is the full-body mount for a cougar? I had heard at least 1K to begin with...

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 08:26 PM

I've looked at 3 different good taxidermy places and gotten prices from $2500-$3500, and that is just the cat. The base it sits on can go from $250-$1000 depending on how elaborate you get with it.

Posted By: rackjudge

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 08:44 PM

Sweet kill man!

Which sound did she come to?

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: rackjudge
Sweet kill man!

That's what I'm waiting to hear...

Posted By: Stax

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/13/09 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
Originally Posted By: rackjudge
Sweet kill man!

That's what I'm waiting to hear...

I just read this whole thread looking for the same thing!!!!

Congrats my man, that is an awesome story and a great cat!!!

Posted By: OU Hunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 12:46 AM

That's funny that someone would actually lie and say a game warden told them that there is a $10,000 fine for killing a lion......kind of like saying you shouldn't shoot a coyote "out of season", laughable. Just to clear that mess up take a look at this link......
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/nuisance/mountain_lion/

Great kill, I'm jealous like everyone else. I've had one pass across the road in front of me on the way to the farm, but I've never encountered one in the field. I do, however, carry a .45 for just that reason, they climb and having to re-nock on one doesn't sound like fun!!

Posted By: ubet

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 01:59 AM

That's frikin awesome congrats

Posted By: cattle69

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 02:40 AM

Very jealous that is one of my all time best dreams, I hope mine comes true sometime as well. If you need help with some taxidermy guys shoot me a pm. Make sure to get photos and references of guys that have mounted big cats, don't save a few bucks and get a crappy mount. There was a guy in San Angelo that just got through with 2 mountain lions and they say they look awsome. I saw one pic and the base and the lion was great.
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 03:19 AM

Are you talking about safari studios? I live in Angelo as well and went by there today and there was a lion mounted standing on top of a mule deer buck. It was awesome, supposedly the lion was shot while the guys were sitting on the mule deer they found burried in sticks and leaves. Are you hunting the Angelo calling contest this weekend?

Posted By: tx270

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 03:21 AM

This one deserves to be at the top again.

Awesome job!

Finance the mount if you have to! Thats a once in a lifetime chance for most.

I've seen a couple that were taken by chance while mule deer hunting in West Texas, but to call one up and get it is even greater!

Congrats again!

Bill

Posted By: Texasbdog

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 03:37 AM

See I knew that was a cat that morning stalking me while i set up my pop up!
Congrats yopung man You and your friends should be very proud.

Posted By: Rem270man

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 03:43 AM

Heck, let me say congrats too!!!

Posted By: Wayne

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:11 AM

Way to go Dub!

Posted By: cattle69

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:17 AM

Travis does good work, but I was talking about Wilike by Twin Mntns. Talk to Tim he just got done with the 2 lions if he doesn't still have them I am sure he has pics. If you need his # just hollar tell him I sent you. As far as the hunt we are still up in the air, but will definitely be hunting some after the first of the year.

Posted By: JDShellnut

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:39 AM

awesome

Posted By: cable

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:41 AM

Freaking insane. Congrats on the feat of a lifetime cheers

Posted By: NDN98

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 11:40 AM

Congrats! That has to be one of the best hunting weekends ever!!!

Posted By: Null19

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 03:52 PM

man wat i would give to kill a lion with a gun or a bow. it wouldnt matter. i bet you will never get a rush like that again in your life. congrats

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:32 PM

Way to go snake farm . Awesome .

Posted By: flushem_crushem

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 04:41 PM

not sure if i missed it but are you not going to tell us what you called it in with. CONGRATS!

Posted By: DHuggins

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 08:08 PM

Great story....

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 08:22 PM

The two calls that were used were the mini-blaster and a little white open reed primos call

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 08:27 PM

That mini-blaster is a good one for sure.

Posted By: WTGuide

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 08:28 PM

Truely a memory to last a lifetime...congrats!

Posted By: jackh

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 08:51 PM

that is awesome you should definitely mount it! like you said its probably once in a lifetime

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/14/09 11:49 PM

wow, the fisherman revealed his lure....I like this fella more and more!

Posted By: wsttxcowboy

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/15/09 12:42 AM

Even though i am jealous as hell it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Posted By: big rack hunter 137

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/15/09 12:55 AM

congrats

Posted By: Longhunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/15/09 02:17 AM

Excellant!!!

Posted By: Rey

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/15/09 02:41 AM

Very nice.I am jealous ha ha ha. Good Job

Posted By: WakeNdrake

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 10/15/09 02:52 AM

GOLLEEE G WHITAKERS!!! WAIT'LL WALLY HERES ABOUT THIS!!! LMAO

Hands down flehan Nice cat!

Re: A weekend to remember ***Video Added*** - 10/17/09 03:24 AM

Here is the video guys. Look close at 3:08 and you can see the bullet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNSCj44V9FA

Posted By: Slick Willie

Re: A weekend to remember ***Video Added*** - 10/19/09 02:16 PM

That's an awesome video too! Great kills, congrats!

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: A weekend to remember ***Video Added*** - 10/20/09 09:31 AM

Nice!!!

Posted By: woodwzrd1010

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/16/11 09:53 PM

WHAT NO COMMENT FROM BMD ??????????? confused2

Posted By: BFord

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/16/11 10:08 PM

Great story and GREAT VIDEO!!! thats just amazing!!!

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/16/11 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: BigJohnson
Well this will answer some questions ppl have about cats congrats

Photoshoped! rofl

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/16/11 10:29 PM

Good thread to bring from the past, cool as heck !!

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/16/11 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: tjshockler
Thats sweet guys,that will be a night you all will talk about the rest of your lives!Congrats!I bet the guy who was on his first night hunt is hooked for sure now!
Man that is the truth right there. flehan

Posted By: TMonjure

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/17/11 03:51 AM

Congrats Guys!!! Nice Shootin

Posted By: Mountain hunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/17/11 05:20 PM

Great story and nice cat.

Posted By: mossberg man

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/17/11 11:53 PM

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/18/11 12:24 AM

Great story and video. Any photos of the taxidermy work?

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: A weekend to remember (a must readw/ pics) - 09/18/11 12:49 AM

That will make an awesome mount.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum