Texas Hunting Forum

New addition to the family

Posted By: Deerhunter61

New addition to the family - 07/12/18 12:50 PM

Guys,

The wife and I have decided to try and go on an African plains game safari hunt. I told her I needed to get a new rifle for the hunt she looked at me like I was crazy... but I explained to her that yes I do own a rifle that would definitely work but I'd have to have it threaded for a muzzlebrake/suppressor. I then explained why I simply will not have it threaded and she agreed I needed a new rifle. So I did my research and below is what I added to the family. I also found the scope on this site and bought it yesterday from a member.

I asked some of you guys about recoil a while back because I had just had my second neck surgery and I just want to say that I shot this rifle yesterday evening, first using a ledsled to make sure I didn't get hit to hard by the rifle and then just using a bipod. I must say that the muzzlebrake on this rifle is outrageous! The recoil is not much more than my 6.5cm which also has a muzzlebrake on it.

Oh, it's a Seekins Havak with a Nightforce 5-25X56.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 01:08 PM

Nice gun!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
Nice gun!
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 01:46 PM

up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 03:25 PM

Nice! up
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 05:04 PM

Cute little feller cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 05:48 PM

Sweet looking rig, congrats cheers
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 06:55 PM

Very nice huntin' iron.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 09:58 PM

Nice! Caliber? Specs? Ammo?
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: New addition to the family - 07/12/18 10:26 PM

Nice! and man you have to be a sweet talker
Posted By: 270Sendero

Re: New addition to the family - 07/13/18 12:17 AM

Nice!

Re: New addition to the family - 07/13/18 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Nice! Caliber? Specs? Ammo?

Below are the specs. As for ammo, that has yet to be decided. I am pretty sure I am going to go with Nosler Partition or MAYBE Accubond bullets. I need to make sure I have the right bullet to hunt plains game with. So I want a bullet to perform like the partitions, do accubonds penetrate as well as partitions? 180 Gr Bullet using H1000 powder. I am going to see about picking up some brass would like to use lapua but might go with Nosler brass. I am going to use CCI mag primers.

What are your thoughts on the powder?

Seekins Precision Havak Centerfire Rifle topped with a Nightforce ATACR 5-25X56 SFP MIL/MIL

.300 Winchester Magnum Right 24 inches 5Rds Charcoal Grey Cerakote Manners Elite MCS-EH1 6.875 pounds

Spiral fluted 24" barrel and bolt
Charcoal-Grey Cerakote barrel with Seekins ATC muzzle brake
USA-certified pre-hardened stainless action and bolt body
Integrated recoil lug with Picatinny rail top
Test-fired for superior out-of-box accuracy

The bead-blasted finish on the spiral-fluted 24” barrel and bolt give the Seekins Precision Havak Rifle a look that can only be matched by its precision. The free-floating, Charcoal-Grey Cerakote™ barrel comes with a Seekins ATC muzzle brake. Every rifle comes hand-bedded with pillars flush-mounted and perfectly paired to its action. Test firing with factory match ammo ensures superior out-of-the-box accuracy. The Havak uses four locking lugs with a 90° bolt throw and USA-certified pre-hardened stainless action and bolt body to keep shots on target. Proprietary tool-steel bolt and breech plug with anti-galling properties and a diamond-like coating. Removable bolt head with removable bolt knob. Full-diameter bolt body with smooth bolt operation. Integrated recoil lug with a lug top for Picatinny rail. 20-MOA Picatinny rail with five screws. Remington® 700™-style short-action stock inlet and trigger pattern. M-16-style extractor with helical extraction cam. Timney adjustable trigger is factory set at 3 lbs. Manners Elite MCS-EH1 stock with two quick-detach sling points and one bipod stud. Includes Magpul ACIS five-round magazine.

Re: New addition to the family - 07/13/18 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
Nice! and man you have to be a sweet talker

I am not sure how sweet of a talker I am but I am sure about how sweet and beautiful the lady I am married to is! clap
Posted By: XDshooter

Re: New addition to the family - 07/27/18 02:32 PM

Noice...
Posted By: Greg

Re: New addition to the family - 07/27/18 03:53 PM

Very nice... really like the barrel!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum