Texas Hunting Forum

A wee load to test the suspension

Posted By: Hirogen

A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 03:05 AM

Spent the weekend at the cabin preparing for winter and testing the suspension on my truck (1-ton with single rear wheels) - figure I was pushing the 2 ton rated payload:

Mix of white oak, sugar maple, white birch, yellow birch and one small to medium size spruce that will be used for kindling. Heating our residence with free wood is one of the side benefits of owning a large bush lot. Takes about 6 bush cords (about 8 or 9 times what you see on the truck) to get us through a normal winter. One bush cord is equal to 128 cubic feet or 4.75 cubic yards.

The view from the other side:

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 03:09 AM

Too much exercise for an old man like me, I let them deliver it.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 03:35 AM

Yes, still got to split and stack, then carry in. Don't need that in Texas. One chord last me a long time.
Have fun.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 02:33 PM

cheers
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 02:43 PM

your photos are always awesome but me thinks you work very hard in the great outdoors
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt
your photos are always awesome but me thinks you work very hard in the great outdoors

Thanks. Keeps me young and sane. I can still buck more logs per day than my youngest son who is 18. My other boy who is 24 beat me this weekend. First time ever - passing the mantle.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 03:41 PM

I put a load like that of mesquite in the bed of my 1500 and got on the hwy with it lol... ok I did limit it to 55 mph for only about 20 miles but still your not even getting that one warmed up.
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 04:13 PM

up
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/09/18 06:29 PM

That load is "Homer Jay Approved."

up
Posted By: XDshooter

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 07/27/18 02:37 PM

Your rear window is in WAY more peril than your suspension. Doesn't even look like it's starting to squat...
Posted By: passthru

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 08/09/18 01:16 PM

I remember those days. Back then we didn't have the modern wood burning furnaces. Just an old wood stove. 25 to 35 cord a winter. Cut, split, stack. Bringing in wood, cleaning out the wood box. Those were just part of the chores if you wanted to be fed around our house.
Today's kids get paid to take out the trash.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A wee load to test the suspension - 08/09/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

X2

Really enjoy your posts and pictured from that beautiful country........thanks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum