Texas Hunting Forum

Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count.

Posted By: 8pointdrop

Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 03:00 PM

Never fired a shot but was a great hunt. Saw 14 deer, a bobcat, and watched a coyote chase down and kill a piglet.

Love that kid. He's one of my best friends.
Posted By: Matt

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 03:43 PM

You are a very wealthy man. God bless him and you!!!

Thanks!!
Matt
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 03:54 PM

Yes sir! Great shots there that are frame worthy. Use to take similar pics of my boys when they were younger.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 04:23 PM

Awesome
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 04:47 PM

Awesome pics!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 05:18 PM

Most of the time for me it's that way. Great pics. cheers
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 05:29 PM

Great pics and the right mindset for sure.
Posted By: bass101

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 10:47 PM

Nice
Posted By: 30ft jon boat

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/18/17 11:17 PM

SWEET... {watched a coyote chase down and kill a piglet}. isn't this the equivalent to a illegal swimming back with a liberal under each arm. grin
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/20/17 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 30ft jon boat
SWEET... {watched a coyote chase down and kill a piglet}. isn't this the equivalent to a illegal swimming back with a liberal under each arm. grin

Haha. Yeah little man wanted me to shoot the yote and I never let one pass but he put on such a good show and he's killing pigs so we just watched. Don't know how the piglet got separated from the group but we looked up and there's a yote zig zagging across the crp. After watching we figured out he was trying to catch something, I thought probably a rabbit. Finally they made it into the wheat and we saw it was a 10lb little pig. Was funny to watch, the yote would charge and roll him up then the pig would charge and that yote would run from the little baby pig. Then they'd do it all over again. I think the yote was mainly playing like a cat does with its food, but he eventually rolled him one last time, bit him about mid belly, shook the pig like a rag doll while it squealed like crazy, then he trotted off with his meal.

Little man's eyes were wide as dinner plates. Nature is cruel and awesome at the same time.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Sometimes the success of a hunt isn't measured by the kill count. - 12/20/17 04:13 PM

Amen
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum