Texas Hunting Forum

Stepson's bobcat

Posted By: GimmeABuck

Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 03:08 PM

My 8 year old stepson and his dad went deer hunting this morning, and instead stepson spotted a bobcat! Asked his dad if he could shoot it and he let him. Took a great shot with the 22.250 and DRT. Young cat, wouldn't win any big bob contests, but she's lovely and as you can imagine he is so excited. We are having her full body mounted. Pretty proud of this kid- he puts his time in without complaining about it being so early or so cold, etc., waits patiently for a good shot, etc. Happy house this morning!

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 03:11 PM

Congrats to him!!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 03:42 PM

That’s great, congrats to the young lad cheers
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
That’s great, congrats to the young lad cheers
Posted By: stephenme

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 04:11 PM

Very nice, congratulations young man!
Posted By: breadman

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 04:59 PM

bet he is hooked now .
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 05:21 PM

Making life long memories.....outstanding!
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 05:43 PM

Boom goes the dynamite

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 06:57 PM

Thanks y'all, he's still telling the story of how he watched her come out and took the shot. Will definitely post a pic when we get the mount back!
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 07:24 PM

That's awesome ! Congrats to the young hunter! He will never forget that hunt up
Posted By: R.M.

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 07:29 PM

Awesome... Congrats
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 08:46 PM

Thats awesome. Congrats!
Posted By: bass101

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 10:57 PM

Awesome
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 11:41 PM

up
Posted By: Da' Hitman

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/10/17 11:58 PM

Congrats to him and salute to you for allowing him to maintain a relationship with his father. Great job Dad!

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/11/17 02:29 AM

Thanks y'all, we are cracking up. Dropped him off with his other this evening and went to dinner, got back and had a message on the answering machine from him about the bobcat roflmao roflmao I don't think he's ever been so excited!

Hitman, absolutely. He's a great kid and deserves time with his dad. I figure he didn't chose for his parents to split it for me to come in the picture, and he's always handled it well. The least I can do is support him and his dad having a good bond!
Posted By: TAT

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/11/17 03:56 AM

And it absolutely gets no better than that!!!!!

Let me know his shirt size and I'd like to send him one of my Cunningham Customs t-shirts. I don't give many out but the little man deserves one if y'all don't mind!!!!! It's just my company logo on a t-shirt. Nothing special but my lil guy loves wearing his! Lol

Shoot me a pm if you would like and I'll make it happen!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/11/17 04:45 AM

What a beaut! Need to get me a cat and a coyote, got a few foxes. All the little critters make for beautiful hides (and they're super soft)
Congrats to him.
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/11/17 01:50 PM

Way to go, young man! That's awesome!
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/11/17 04:16 PM

OUTSTANDING!!! Will make a cool mount up

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/12/17 08:38 PM

Thanks y'all, and TAT that is awesome of you!! Thank you so much, gonna send you a PM!
Posted By: Western

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/13/17 02:08 PM

Awesome color on that cat! and heck of hunt by that young man, he will have a beautiful mount for "show and tell" up

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/14/17 01:25 AM

Absolutely, Western! I know he's real tickled that he spotted her before his dad did. He's already picked out the spot for the mount when it comes back up
Posted By: Echo 80

Re: Stepson's bobcat - 12/14/17 05:09 PM

Thats cool, I bet he was excited! It is more fun watching how excited the kids get than actually getting to pull the trigger yourself.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum