Texas Hunting Forum

Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones!

Posted By: Theringworm

Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 09:11 PM

I have seen this guy on camera fairly consistently the past couple of weeks. My 10yo walks in as I am reviewing game cards and sees this guy on the screen. Completely blown away he says “Dad, can I shoot that one”. “Absolutely! Just need to be there when he is”. Headed out yesterday afternoon. In the blind for an eternity according to him. Saw one small 7 pt but he knew something was up when he stepped into the clearing. Couple of does came in later but an apparent resident grey fox blew them out. Son begging to go back to the truck. Daylight fading. Doe steps into the open and from the direction she was coming and how she trotted in I figured someone might be trailing her. Whispered to my son, “get your gun and get ready”. Moments later I see tall tines dancing through the trees.......boom there he was. Took us a while to get situated. Daylight was fading quickly. Son was having a hard time getting on him in the scope then couldn’t see the crosshair dot. Finally KABOOM! Immediate reaction was, “did I get him? Did I get him?”. He tooked two steps and paused. I did not see him react as though he were hit. I quickly grabbed the rifle and cycled another round for him. All of a sudden, I saw “the death wobble” begin. I knew he was about to go down. My son couldn’t have been more excited. High five-ing and hugs all around. He just dropped a trophy caliber buck for our neck of the woods w/ his new 6.5 Creed. Needless to say his 14yo brother heard ALL about it on the way home. Couldn’t be more proud of him (but man I just hope it isn’t bigger than my biggest deer. I’ll never hear the end of it then).

Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 09:20 PM

Awesome! Congrats to the little man!!!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 09:38 PM

Great deer way to go young man and great job Dad !
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 09:46 PM

Good job up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight
Posted By: Stub

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
cheers
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 11:46 PM

Boom
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/23/17 11:59 PM

Great job congratulations!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
cheers
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 01:05 AM

Good job dad and congrats to the young man.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 01:42 AM

Good shooting little man up
Congrats on a heck of a buck cheers
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Michael W.

cheers
Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Good job up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 03:24 AM

Outstanding buck. Congrats
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 03:55 AM

up
Posted By: Cinch

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 04:21 AM

up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Cinch

up
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 01:05 PM

Fantastic that smile says it all!
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 01:42 PM

He's a lifer now, lol. Good job guys!
Posted By: Grizzley0531

Re: Some days you sit back and let the kids shoot the big ones! - 11/24/17 01:45 PM

one heck of deer, congrats to the little man
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum