Texas Hunting Forum

A decent Hill Country 8

Posted By: D6Ranch

A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 08:59 PM

I like this one. Passed on him opening weekend, won't do that again.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 09:39 PM

Very nice deer. Depends on the size of your place of course, but I'd try to shoot one of 'em before the mobs head to the hills on Friday. I've "fed out" more than one good buck, only to have them disappear forever right after Thanksgiving.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 09:42 PM

Boom goes the dynamite

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Very nice deer. Depends on the size of your place of course, but I'd try to shoot one of 'em before the mobs head to the hills on Friday. I've "fed out" more than one good buck, only to have them disappear forever right after Thanksgiving.

We are pretty small, what's left of what use to be 1500ac. Thankfully the only real hunting pressure is from the neighbors to the south. No hunting to the east and west. The southern neighbors push deer my way because they drive around all night and are always late to the morning hunt. I see better deer now than I ever did at the other end of the old place. I'm seeing nice 3-4 year olds come back each year.

I'm probably going to go ahead and whack this guy though because I like him. I'm hoping a few others make it one more season.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 10:07 PM

Good luck, great looking buck
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: D6Ranch
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

The southern neighbors push deer my way because they drive around all night and are always late to the morning hunt. I see better deer now than I ever did at the other end of the old place. I'm seeing nice 3-4 year olds come back each year.

I'm probably going to go ahead and whack this guy though because I like him. I'm hoping a few others make it one more season.

Gotta love that. Our neighbor started arriving at the blinds 15 mins before their feeders go off. I haven't heard them shoot this year yet.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/18/17 11:51 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/19/17 12:57 AM

Dandy right there
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/19/17 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/19/17 01:34 AM

Thanks everyone. Didn't see him where I thought I would tonight. Should be good hunting in the morning.
He won't be my biggest but I'm thinking if I do get him a pedestal mount posed like that second pic would be nice. Can't really put the cart before the horse just yet though.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/20/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: A decent Hill Country 8 - 11/20/17 08:08 PM

bust him!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum