High 160's
Posted By: Slick Head

Re: Need help with a score - 10/29/17 04:28 PM

Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Need help with a score - 10/29/17 07:15 PM

Why do you need a score???
Posted By: caseyusmc

Re: Need help with a score - 10/29/17 08:16 PM

Have a hunter looking for a certain size buck. I know what I think he will score but a second opinion can't hurt.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Need help with a score - 10/29/17 08:52 PM

With that character, I could care less about score, but if pressed, I would say he is high 160s or low 170s gross.
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Need help with a score - 10/29/17 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: caseyusmc
Have a hunter looking for a certain size buck. I know what I think he will score but a second opinion can't hurt.

I cant imagine hunting based only on score. But Id say gross 160
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Love the double drop tines, good looking buck rifle up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:02 PM

Doesn't matter. This one's all about the CHARACTER!!!! That's what I'd tell your hunter. cheers
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:04 PM

Do you not have previous years sheds that you can measure to get a better estimate?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L

I cant imagine hunting based only on score. But Id say gross 160

Hunting isn't based on score. The price of the hunt is, though. 168.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:07 PM

eek2 eeks333
Posted By: caseyusmc

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:31 PM

Fouzman you are correct he is not chasing a certain score deer like I believe some people think. My hunter loved this deer and the score does not matter the score only determines the price. I may be way over scoreing him but I had him going in the 190s which is fine he was just trying to stay under the 200 inch mark since that's the next price jump. And I was a little worried he might slide over the 200 inch mark. This is a really big bodied northern genetic deer so their bodies can lead to being under scored a little. Unfortunately I did not find his sheds this spring to take a better estimate. But hopefully either my hunter comes back soon he did take two bucks this weekend or I get a different hunter that wants him and I can ground check and post pictures and scores soon. I appreciate everyone's comments.

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:37 PM

Fouzman you are correct he is not chasing a certain score deer like I believe some people think. My hunter loved this deer and the score does not matter the score only determines the price. I may be way over scoreing him but I had him going in the 190s which is fine he was just trying to stay under the 200 inch mark since that's the next price jump. And I was a little worried he might slide over the 200 inch mark. This is a really big bodied northern genetic deer so their bodies can lead to being under scored a little. Unfortunately I did not find his sheds this spring to take a better estimate. But hopefully either my hunter comes back soon he did take two bucks this weekend or I get a different hunter that wants him and I can ground check and post pictures and scores soon. I appreciate everyone's comments.

He very well could be that big. I hunted Timberghost Ranch in Iowa for six years and yes, those giant bodied bucks make 180" set of antlers look about 150". Scoring from photos is sooo hard. I'd say I can get within 5 inches on 80% of the deer is see with limited photos like these. The other 20% I'm not even close on roflmao Good luck and let us know when you get to put a tape on him. cheers
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:41 PM

MB 50
M 36
W 19
G1 10
G2 14
G3 20
G4 14
Extra 22 Double drop, inline and kickers

Not sure what your typical frames are, but mid 80's is where I am at.
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:46 PM

I wouldn't expect a per inch price for a deer with that type of character. Why not agree to a price beforehand for that specific deer? Problem solved.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

He very well could be that big. I hunted Timberghost Ranch in Iowa for six years and yes, those giant bodied bucks make 180" set of antlers look about 150". Scoring from photos is sooo hard. I'd say I can get within 5 inches on 80% of the deer is see with limited photos like these. The other 20% I'm not even close on roflmao Good luck and let us know when you get to put a tape on him. cheers

5" on a 130" deer is much different than 5" on a 190" deer or a non-typical. I would claim percentages of error rather than a set number rofl

But I would agree, you are typically pretty accurate IMO
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:54 PM

Give him a set price for what you think he will score and then charge or discount by the inch for whatever you are off.

Re: Need help with a score - 10/30/17 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: fouzman

5" on a 130" deer is much different than 5" on a 190" deer or a non-typical. I would claim percentages of error rather than a set number rofl

But I would agree, you are typically pretty accurate IMO

I did claim %. 5" on 80% and clueless on 20%. roflmao
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: Need help with a score - 10/31/17 08:21 PM

$250 at the processor
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum