Texas Hunting Forum

Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives

Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 03:42 PM

Mike Conner of Conner Knives made this beautiful skinner for my son. It's ladder pattern damascus with mosaic pins, file work and a mesquite burl handle. The craftsmanship is absolutely perfect and Mike went above and beyond to make my son feel like he was getting a special tool that he'll use for a lifetime. Anyone looking for an heirloom quality knife that's made to be used, should give Mike a call.
https://www.connerknives.com

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 05:07 PM

Awesome
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 05:15 PM

Great looking knife and awesome smile! Hope he has that knife for a very, very long time..... cheers
Posted By: Cast

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 06:21 PM

Make real sure he does not take it to school to show it off.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Make real sure he does not take it to school to show it off.

Me and Mike were talking about that yesterday. We both carried pocket knives to school and used them on woodshop class. Those days are over.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 06:57 PM

I gave my son a tiny 1" Swiss Army knife. He took it after promising me he wouldn't. It was a major event to straighten it out. He got three days in bad kid school, I got the knife back.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I gave my son a tiny 1" Swiss Army knife. He took it after promising me he wouldn't. It was a major event to straighten it out. He got three days in bad kid school, I got the knife back.

That's a tough break for the kiddo. Sounds like he was just proud of the gift his dad gave him and wanted his buddies to see. My son has been carrying his Spyderco for a while and he's been very responsible with it, so I feel like he'll do fine with another knife.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 08:55 PM

They look even better in person don't they? Mike's level of quality is outstanding and I cannot wait for my next piece out of his shop cheers
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 08:57 PM

I have prob gutted 15 hogs and around 8 deer with mine. I can do multiple of both without sharpening. When I do need to sharpen or touch up it's a breeze and it back to razor sharp. Love mine.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:00 PM

Nice knife. I bet he was happy!

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Beez
They look even better in person don't they? Mike's level of quality is outstanding and I cannot wait for my next piece out of his shop cheers

No joke! I'm kinda jealous that Tiger has a nicer knife than me. I'm gonna order the same one for myself. I love ladder pattern damascus. I also love raindrop pattern. Maybe I'll order a couple lmao.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
I have prob gutted 15 hogs and around 8 deer with mine. I can do multiple of both without sharpening. When I do need to sharpen or touch up it's a breeze and it back to razor sharp. Love mine.

Man, I ran that knife over my ultra fine stone a couple times and that joker will split a hair. Excellent steel.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:03 PM

Lucky kiddo, beauty of knife.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98

Yes sir! He had to FaceTime his best friend and show it off haha.

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98

cheers
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

No joke! I'm kinda jealous that Tiger has a nicer knife than me. I'm gonna order the same one for myself. I love ladder pattern damascus. I also love raindrop pattern. Maybe I'll order a couple lmao.

See that is how it starts roflmao You get your hands on one and then you want another, and another a maybe one more grin

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

See that is how it starts roflmao You get your hands on one and then you want another, and another a maybe one more grin

Shhh. Mrs. ITRDM has only approved 1 purchase. roflmao
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:12 PM

cheers

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Great looking knife and awesome smile! Hope he has that knife for a very, very long time..... cheers

cheers
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 10:23 PM

nothing better to a kid than a knife

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/08/17 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
nothing better to a kid than a knife

Unless it's a gun rifle cheers
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 12:17 AM

I'm glad he's pleased with it. Love seeing the look on youngsters faces when they get their first nice knife.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 12:34 AM

up
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 11:07 AM

Mike's work is amazing. Great guy too!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 11:32 AM

Well done dad and Mike!!!! up
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 12:56 PM

Congrats little dude! That's a sweet one!
Posted By: Da' Hitman

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 05:09 PM

That handle is gorgeous! To be honest I have never had interest in custom knives but this post has me seeing the value in custom knives with the craftsmanship and apparently sharpness and durability of the blades. Hitting the website now
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Happy Kiddo, Thanks to Conner Knives - 10/09/17 07:10 PM

Beautiful knife, and something worthy of being kept and passed on to his son. It's hard to beat a nice custom knife.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum