Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Political humor - 08/26/17 02:22 AM

Worth a try
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Political humor - 08/26/17 04:10 PM

if only the protestors would have shown up
Posted By: Codyd713

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 02:17 AM

Guess I shouldn't of been making jokes..

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 02:17 AM

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 02:21 AM

Those were two days ago.. it's to the roof now, along with my truck and my idea car. Guys we're in a bind over here in Southeast Texas just like Houston, Louisiana and other parts of the state. For all who is affected, I'm sorry. If any of y'all got a free second, please say a prayer for us and everyone else who is devastated. Thanks.
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 07:16 PM

Prayers up Cody. My family is housing some friends that had to skadaddle out of your part of the world. Absolutely sick about all the devastation, but you're safe and "stuff" can be replaced. Hang tough!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 07:20 PM

Prayers up.

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 08:02 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I'm a policeman here in Lumberton so we're working nonstop. One of the other officers who works with me lost his house as well. It's truly overwhelming to see the amount of people who were rescuing that only has one bag of clothes to their name. It's devastating to say the least. It breaks my heart to see the amount of people who look defeated. So many people I know and don't know has lost everything and it makes me sick and sad. Saw aerial photos of my house yesterday and all you can see is the tip of the roof. Luckily I got all my guns out when there was only 3 ft of water in there.

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 08:04 PM

These were on the side of the highway a couple of nights ago. Talk about having to show restraint.. lol
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 08:08 PM

I used to live just north of you in Wildwood. Understand most of those folks have lost their homes. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 09:02 PM

its a terrible thing to go though, stay safe.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 10:27 PM

Prayers sent to you and all involve in this terrible mess.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Political humor - 08/31/17 11:10 PM

Dang Cody - that is bad! What do you need? I am way up in North TX but can ship whatever I got to you if it will help.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Political humor - 09/01/17 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: 82Ag
Prayers up Cody. My family is housing some friends that had to skadaddle out of your part of the world. Absolutely sick about all the devastation, but you're safe and "stuff" can be replaced. Hang tough!!
Posted By: LSCG

Re: Political humor - 09/01/17 12:47 AM

that's terrible. prayers sent.

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 08:43 AM

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 10:31 AM

Updated pics. This pic is my truck and wife's car. They were supposed to be on a high spot..

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Dang Cody - that is bad! What do you need? I am way up in North TX but can ship whatever I got to you if it will help.

I'm ok right now. I'm staying at the police department. We've got some incredible people in this town that are keeping us fed, hydrated and wearing clean clothes. Not sure when the water will fall. The above pics we're taking two days ago by one of our firemen who went out there to look at it for me. Just please continue to pray for all involved. It's gonna be a long, hard recovery from this mess but we shall prevail.....We're Texans

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 01:03 PM

One of our overpasses.

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 01:07 PM

We have a lot of out of towner's here busting their butts to help out. Definitely couldn't do it without them.
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 01:30 PM

Prayers for you and all the others affected, Mr. Cody. I hope y'all can bounce back better than before.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
Prayers for you and all the others affected, Mr. Cody. I hope y'all can bounce back better than before.
up

Re: Political humor - 09/02/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Codyd713
Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

I'm ok right now. I'm staying at the police department. We've got some incredible people in this town that are keeping us fed, hydrated and wearing clean clothes. Not sure when the water will fall. The above pics we're taking two days ago by one of our firemen who went out there to look at it for me. Just please continue to pray for all involved. It's gonna be a long, hard recovery from this mess but we shall prevail.....We're Texans
Dang it - those pics are heart wrenching, can't imagine what you are going through with your job helping other folks while you know your home is gone.I hope you and your family are staying safe! Please keep us updated and as the waters recede let us know what we can you provide you with sir.

Re: Political humor - 09/03/17 06:09 AM

Thank you very much

Re: Political humor - 09/03/17 11:21 PM

How is the family? You getting any rest Cody?

Re: Political humor - 09/04/17 04:33 AM

Haven't seen wife or kids since Monday. They're in Beaumont with family. As far as rest goes I think I've managed 3-4 hrs a day. I think I'm getting use to the sleep deprivation. I'd hate to be one of these people who are asking for directions to get to different locations. I'm sure they're not very accurate at the moment. The water is receding faster now. Still can't get from Lumberton to Beaumont via Hwy 69 due to high water. Got to watch about 5 minutes worth of football tonight. Haven't watched TV since Sunday. Will be starting recovery (deceased) soon when water goes down a little further. Definitely not looking forward to that. Just hope some of y'all that are following this post don't think I'm asking for sympathy, donations or handouts by me posting this information. It's just nice to kinda let it out on here. Stay safe guys.

Re: Political humor - 09/04/17 06:22 AM

Side by side of the house. Pic on left is Monday at 2:30. Pic on right is Thursday afternoon.

Re: Political humor - 09/07/17 08:17 AM

Finally got into the house today. Not good at all.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Political humor - 09/07/17 12:25 PM

Ouch! Praying for you. I've been there before and almost again.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Political humor - 09/07/17 12:36 PM

Prayers Sir....that's terrible! Can anything be salvaged?

Re: Political humor - 09/07/17 09:15 PM

I'm not sure on salvaging anything. The house has been under water for 7 days. It's pretty freaking nasty inside. The ceiling fell, so I've got insulation everywhere. It's a mess.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Political humor - 09/07/17 10:46 PM

I just don't have the words to say how sorry I am for you and yours. Best of luck on salvaging things.

Re: Political humor - 09/11/17 12:14 AM

Got it all tore out. Had to tear out everything in the house including electrical. I've got a shell of a house left now.

Re: Political humor - 09/11/17 12:19 AM

Lot of work getting all that stuff out.

Re: Political humor - 09/13/17 01:07 AM

This flag flew the entire time. Even after being covered with water .
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Political humor - 09/13/17 01:38 AM

I have watched your posts with my wife, and we have kept up as you have updated it. It is the closest account I have seen to actual events as they unfolded. You are a strong willed person to jump back in there as you have. God bless you, and prayers for you and yours as you rebuild.

Re: Political humor - 09/13/17 09:46 AM

Thank you Simple Searcher. I appreciate the kind words.
Posted By: janie

Re: Political humor - 09/13/17 12:49 PM

My heart aches for you and your family sir. Many prayers for y'all.
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: Political humor - 09/13/17 02:51 PM

Man, so very sorry.

Prayers for you and yours.

Re: Political humor - 09/21/17 12:06 AM

Waiting on trash pick up!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Political humor - 09/21/17 12:17 AM

Is is a bummer to see folks stuff out there like that, what a loss. I sure hope y'all have bulk picked day.

Re: Political humor - 09/21/17 04:08 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Political humor - 09/21/17 05:10 AM

Like nemo. Just keep swimming. That really sucks but you guys got this.

Re: Political humor - 09/21/17 01:44 PM

I'm doing my best to keep it on track for my wife and kids sake. So much to do but it'll get done. Just takes time. The house is not dry yet. I'm having to seal off individual rooms and run the dehumidifier in there to pull the moisture. It had water in it for 10 days. We're gonna make it through.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum