Texas Hunting Forum

Limcroma South African Safari

Posted By: Txhunter65

Limcroma South African Safari - 05/25/17 08:27 PM

My father-in-law and I just got back from South Africa hunting with Limcroma. It was an amazing experience and we cannot say enough about our PH, Guillaume, and the staff at Limcroma. The accommodations were 5 star as well as the food. We enjoyed getting to eat most of the game we took and enjoyed the company of everyone we had contact with....also a special thank you to Hannes' brother Renier for everything he did helping me get a great Kudu. This was our first trip to Africa and I'm sure there are many wonderful outfitters and PH's but I doubt I would ever go with anyone but Limcroma and would hope to get to hunt with Guillaume again.

We have many stories from this trip about Puff Adder's, Black Mamba's, and all the wonderful hunts so I'll share the most interesting from my hunts:

We had stalked about a mile in search of Gemsbok and caught them walking diagonally away from us with one small hole in the bush to shoot through. As I got on the sticks two Gemsbok walked through the hole and I waited on a third.... one of the ones that had passed turned and came back, stopping in the small opening I had to shoot through, facing to my left and quartered to me, I aimed for the front of the shoulder and just after my PH instructed me to take him I squeezed the trigger....the instant the gun recoiled, through my scope I saw the head of an additional Gemsbok near the rear of the one I was shooting at facing the opposite direction and I was pretty sure I saw the Gemsbok in the rear hit the ground. We got closer as the one on the ground was still moving and managed to make a finishing shot. As soon as I shot I told my PH what I thought had happened and that I was pretty sure my bullet had passed through the first animal and into the second and I had likely killed two.

The PH quickly went to radio the tracker to come and look for the second animal. When he walked off I took just a few seconds and it wasn't hard to identify the path of the animal that had been standing in front....the blood trail was heavy...he went about 60 yards and piled up.

After everything settled, apparently my first shot did pass through the shoulder and both lungs of the animal in front and had lodged in the spine of the second animal dropping her in her tracks. As it turned out the male was in front with a female behind, their horns were almost identical lengths..... After we enjoyed the moment Guillaume said you've got one heck of a story to tell, and I told him I did but most my friends wouldn't believe it.

I would highly recommend Limcroma for anyone looking for an outfitter in South Africa.

Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/25/17 09:09 PM

Looks like a great hunt, awesome Gemsbok story ill be heading their to hunt with Limcroma in July.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/25/17 09:10 PM

That's a good story. On my bucket list and Limcroma is who I've been researching.
Wow, great Kudu.
Congrats to all
up
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/26/17 02:24 AM

Congrats on some awesome animals..On my bucket list..
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/26/17 02:27 AM

Congrats on a great hunt, and some great trophies. Africa is a special place, that's for sure.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/26/17 02:45 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/26/17 02:00 PM

Congrats. Looks like you will have a pretty heft taxidermy bill! Crazy story on the gemsbok. They are notoriously hard to kill with a well placed shot and are hearty animals, so killing two with one shot is absolutely amazing! Congrats again!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/27/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Congrats!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 05/27/17 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: sparrish8
Looks like a great hunt, awesome Gemsbok story ill be heading their to hunt with Limcroma in July.

And excellent picture. Congrats.

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 12:13 AM

It's amazing how those PH's set up those animals and take those pictures.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 12:19 AM

Congratulations, great trophies.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 12:33 AM

Congrats. Nothing like hunting Africa!
Posted By: spg

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 12:58 AM

I would love to go but my wife conned me into getting a swimming pool.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 01:06 AM

Obviously a great adventure and hunt, congratulations cheers
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/03/17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Obviously a great adventure and hunt, congratulations cheers

Congrats
Posted By: Raypo

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/04/17 03:15 PM

Awesome!!! I'm going to limcroma at the end of the month... very excited.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/04/17 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Raypo
Awesome!!! I'm going to limcroma at the end of the month... very excited.

Have a good trip
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/06/17 12:09 PM

Leaving in 2 weeks for Johannesburg to hunt with Sadaka.
Posted By: Bowstrider13

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/07/17 03:30 PM

congrats
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/09/17 11:10 PM

Does Al Weaver and his son still book hunts for Lincroma? From what little I know of Lincroma, they used to be a top-notch operation. Not the cheapest or the highest, but certainly one to consider booking with.

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/10/17 01:19 AM

He may the representatives I've heard of here in the US are Jeff Kennedy in Fort Worth and Dan Leahy in Florida.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 06/19/17 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
Does Al Weaver and his son still book hunts for Lincroma? From what little I know of Lincroma, they used to be a top-notch operation. Not the cheapest or the highest, but certainly one to consider booking with.

Yes he does that's who I booked with
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 12/11/17 07:50 PM

Looks like a great trip! Very nice trophies, congratulations. How will you mount those 2 Gemsbok?
Posted By: Taz

Re: Limcroma South African Safari - 12/13/17 02:20 AM

Hannes and his team are top notch guys! Anyone looking at South Africa should at least check them out! I have never personally hunted with them but have spent a lot of time in multiple countries in Africa and can vouch for their reputation!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum