Texas Hunting Forum

My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country

Posted By: Matt

My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/20/17 07:54 PM

My best friend bought travel trailer in The Colony and a lot in Canyon Lake, but didn't have anything large enough to pull travel trailer. I was happy to help and the fact that I got to hit a couple of cool watering holes while I was there was a bonus!!
I LOVE my truck! However, it got just under 7 MPH pulling his rig...in a head wind.

Had to clear a little to put it where he wanted it.

But we got it how he liked it.

If you haven't heard Todd Snyder's Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern, you really should. Good song...and a REALLY cool little OLD bar. Smokey, dank, and just cool as all get out!!! Cash only. Lone Star is $2.25 (cheaper that I can buy it in any metromess bar). Awesome Jukebox. Atmosphere is PRICELESS!!

And I can't go down there and not stop at Luckenbach. We got there at noon on Sunday. I forgot how touristy it can be in the day. But the beer is still better there, or it feels that way.

Thanks!!
Matt
Posted By: sbushee

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/20/17 08:10 PM

Looks fun. I used to listen to Todd Snyder all the time 20 years ago. Alright guy was wanna my faves
Posted By: Stub

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/20/17 08:56 PM

up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 02:02 AM

cheers....nothing better than having a good friend with a pickup..... cheers
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 02:08 AM

cheers End of a perfect day.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 02:28 AM

Love traveling the Hill Country waterholes..........Backbone -Luckenbach etc...............was one of our favorite pastimes in the 80's..........especially Hondo's place.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 02:39 AM

Looks like a good time!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 05:37 AM

cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 01:01 PM

Good times. cheers
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/21/17 02:56 PM

Good times for sure. Good friends and I got only about 6 mpg pulling my travel trailer to place at lease but wouldn't trade my truck for nothing.
Posted By: nolanspawn

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/22/17 12:14 PM

Gotta love the power of a Toyota Tundra, i love mine.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/22/17 04:33 PM

Wow, I didn't know you could get 6 mpg in one, that's horrible.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/22/17 05:08 PM

"I forgot how touristy it can be..."

You know you fall into that bucket, right?

cheers
Posted By: Matt

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/22/17 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

cheers

Easy killer. No Bermuda shorts with tall socks and sandals here. There were a bunch of them around, however. I got to listen to people who tried to say and couldn't pronounce Fromholtz and I heard a lady ask if this is where Willy Nelson lives. And there were numerous people who confused the picture of Allan Damron on the wall with Hondo Crouch. Not that this is a horrible thing. But I wasn't there to buy a T-shirt. I feel I was more enjoying a beer in a place of reverence. But, thank you for your input.

Thanks!!
Matt
Posted By: cameron00

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/22/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt
Originally Posted By: cameron00

cheers
I feel I was more enjoying a beer in a place of reverence.

No doubt you were. And that's smack dab down the middle of the fairway the definition of "tourist".

"A person that travels to or visits a place for pleasure"

I know what you meant though. Just light hearted ball busting....
Posted By: Ruger1980

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/27/17 09:07 AM

I love my Tundra 5.7 and have learned it is SMG aka Smiles Per Gallon vs MPG. It is the best truck I have owned and is bulletproof so far!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/27/17 01:17 PM

let the good times begin bolt
Posted By: TooLow

Re: My buddy needed help and I needed to drink beer in the hill country - 03/27/17 01:20 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum