Texas Hunting Forum

Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout

Posted By: FlowerOf Life

Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 03:51 AM

Went fishing with my 2 year old Judas, He landed his first two rainbow trout caught in bullfrog pond outside of Austin Texas, a pond that is stocked by Texas Parks And Wildlife during the winter with rainbow trout.
This is the third time i fished for the TPWD stocked trout this winter and the first time we had success, we ended up cooking up the trout on the grill outside, i probably won't fish for the stocked trout again this year if i did decide to target the species again i would probably do so on the Guadeloupe.
[img]https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...207afe18ad3b27a6004e59b0&oe=5910A9E7[/img]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 04:05 AM

That is fun fishing. We used to hit the ponds in Allen and Frisco when they stocked them. Great eating cheers
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 04:30 AM

up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 12:09 PM

up
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 04:28 PM

Lots of fun, he's hooked for life.
Posted By: ddematties

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 05:04 PM

I will have to take my two and try that
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/11/17 05:25 PM

Nice.
Posted By: FlowerOf Life

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/12/17 03:11 PM

from what i gathered it seems like the best bite is in the few days after they stock the ponds, people tend to catch most of them in the first week or so in the little ponds.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/12/17 03:26 PM

Lots of fun and pretty good eating.

I remember my dad taking my brother and me to Blanco State park and fishing for them.

We did really well on them using canned corn and the Berkley salmon egg stuff. I have always been told the trout had very good eye sight and were leary of line and hooks. We used 2 and 4 lb line and hooks that were about the size of a kernel of corn, very small. We limited every time we went though.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Fishing For Texas Parks And Wildlife's Stocked Trout - 01/12/17 04:53 PM

Great way to Get'em Started. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum