Texas Hunting Forum

Spotted at DSC...

Posted By: Creekrunner

Spotted at DSC... - 01/09/17 09:55 PM

...Hugh Glass. Who knew he died his hair? I wanted to rescue the Chihuahua. And I don't even like Chihuahuas. Poor thing had the "Please, shoot me now," look on his face.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/09/17 10:15 PM

Did you say here Marc hold my beer right before taking that pic?
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/09/17 10:28 PM

Believe it or not, I know him (the dog clinches it). He is a "character", to say the least.

But, he was killing Marco Polo sheep in the U.S.S.R., grizzly in AK, desert bighorns in Baja Mexico, etc. before 90% of the folks on this forum were born. Walking/horseback and hunting out of a tent.

Was a federal prosecutor and judge before he retired. Sold about 1000 acres on the lake down here for 8 figures about a decade ago. Bought a multi-section hunting ranch with part of the proceeds. I can assure you he doesn't give a rip what anyone thinks about how he looks, acts, or anything else.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 12:12 AM

I feel like I am missing something here confused2
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Believe it or not, I know him (the dog clinches it). He is a "character", to say the least.

But, he was killing Marco Polo sheep in the U.S.S.R., grizzly in AK, desert bighorns in Baja Mexico, etc. before 90% of the folks on this forum were born. Walking/horseback and hunting out of a tent.

Was a federal prosecutor and judge before he retired. Sold about 1000 acres on the lake down here for 8 figures about a decade ago. Bought a multi-section hunting ranch with part of the proceeds. I can assure you he doesn't give a rip what anyone thinks about how he looks, acts, or anything else.

Sounds like my kind of guy. up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 12:25 AM

I enjoyed the show. I spotted a lot of "trophies" there and several taxidermied critters as well grin
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
I enjoyed the show. I spotted a lot of "trophies" there and several taxidermied critters as well grin
clap
Posted By: rmp

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 03:18 AM

Show was fun.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 04:00 AM

Meh....
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 02:53 PM

I think they were looking for him on a television show. I think his last name is Squatch and his first name is Sas.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: NDN98
clap
Originally Posted By: rmp
Show was fun.

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 03:25 PM

I always enjoy it. We are fortunate to have such a cool show nearby. Lots to see. I spent a grand total of about $200 this year, so that was good for me. smile
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 03:40 PM

I stopped and talked to two young wounded warriors at the Trinity Oaks booth. It's a wounded warrior outdoor support organization down by me. (Garden Ridge area - NE San Antonio). Dam it's hard not to tear up looking these gentlemen in the eye and realizing what they've done for me. Not pity, just extremely humbling.

There are some good mini-seminars at the show too, they're just not promoted very well. 'Always learn something.

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 03:43 PM

up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 04:07 PM

Great looking mount that was displayed at the show. These crappy cell phone shots are from me at the studio!

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 09:03 PM

I am wondering how many on here even know who Hugh Glass is....was?! Funny. confused2 clap
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Spotted at DSC... - 01/10/17 10:09 PM

Did you ask him about the time he slept in a dead hose? clap
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum