Texas Hunting Forum

Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 01:17 PM

Anybody notice something strange about this picture.

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 01:23 PM

Aside from the fact he is holding up a monster with barely two fingers....and the deer appears gutted or eaten already on the hind quarters. My guess is he is trying to pass of a deer he found with one he shot.

Or he cut the ear off to take away the tag in it.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 01:24 PM

Hmmm something is missing that should be there.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 01:30 PM

his right ear
Posted By: KG68

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:11 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:13 PM

Backdrop looks like Texas Hill Country
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:16 PM

Does juniper grow in Alabama?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
his right ear
is missing. Cedars in Alabama?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasKC

I don't know, but I could have taken that picture at my place.

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasKC

They have a White Cedar that in now way resembles our native Junipers. That one caught my eye also.
Posted By: CB/Mares Leg

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:36 PM

I was wondering if this picture was going to pop up on here. I work in Cabelas Gun Library in Huntsville, AL and this brute was supposedly shot a few minutes from where I live. The story is that it was shot on some airport land that only a couple of people can hunt on. One of my coworkers was showing this picture yesterday, I didnt notice that the ear was gone. There is another picture of it with a crossbow bolt stuck in the ribs, apparently it was shot previously shot but didnt penetrate past the skin. I have no idea whats true or not but this picture is spreading quick.

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:37 PM

People are swearing they know the guy and this was a low fence buck but nobody answers to why the right ear was photo-shopped out.

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: CB/Mares Leg
I was wondering if this picture was going to pop up on here. I work in Cabelas Gun Library in Huntsville, AL and this brute was supposedly shot a few minutes from where I live. The story is that it was shot on some airport land that only a couple of people can hunt on. One of my coworkers was showing this picture yesterday, I didnt notice that the ear was gone. There is another picture of it with a crossbow bolt stuck in the ribs, apparently it was shot previously shot but didnt penetrate past the skin. I have no idea whats true or not but this picture is spreading quick.

Quote:
There is another picture of it with a crossbow bolt stuck in the ribs

Seen that picture also. So far I've seen 5 pictures of this buck, 2 had the right ear photo-shopped out, 1 was cropped so you couldn't see the ear clearly and the 4th had the inside of the ear enhanced with white (phot-shopped). The pic with the arrow in it didn't show the ear well. Somebody has went to allot of trouble to keep people from seeing that right ear. Only reason I can think of to do all that is a possible hole in the ear where a tag went. Even if I'm wrong and the buck is legit somebody is going to have to explain the phot-shopping on that right ear. The photo-shop scars in the picture are obvious, very poorly done.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:49 PM

Think the ear was ripped off when he was attacked by a black panther! bolt

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 03:52 PM

If it came off a hi-fence I'm pretty sure somebody has a picture of it while alive.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 04:00 PM

I work in Cabelas Gun Library in Huntsville, AL

Glad to see another Alabama citizen on here. I live in Meridianville and work for Huntsville Hospital.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 04:10 PM

I am still trying to figure out how he is balancing that animal on its front knees with barely a grip on the antlers. Only way to do that is if the animal had some significant rigor which means it's been dead for a while. Maybe he was a hf escapee, shot with a bow and lost blood trail, found dead the next morning after being half eaten and gutted by coyotes, and that's where the ear went.... banana
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 04:41 PM

On my Alabama forum, they are saying it was shot close to an airport in Meridianville. That airport backs up to my property line. Lots of good deer country around here, but the only one I've seen was was a doe that was a tad slow crossing the road.

Alabama Hunting Forum
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 04:55 PM

Should of gave him another year to walk to see how much bigger he would've been next year peep
Posted By: CB/Mares Leg

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
I work in Cabelas Gun Library in Huntsville, AL

Glad to see another Alabama citizen on here. I live in Meridianville and work for Huntsville Hospital.

Ive been out here for 7 months now, moved from Grandview, TX. I live in Athens right now
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/08/17 08:12 PM

popcorn
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/09/17 12:09 AM

Fake news.....
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/09/17 01:18 AM

Right ear is gone due to the fact that's where the ear tag was. The jacket is is covering the hit from the semi that crushed that poor boy as it went across the road.

Alabama sure is green in the dead of winter............looking at the foolage. Thank me later popcorn
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/09/17 06:37 PM

It's on the ALABAMA FB Page here.... The Comments are pretty good.

https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaWhitetailRecords/
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/09/17 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. Clean
It's on the ALABAMA FB Page here.... The Comments are pretty good.

https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaWhitetailRecords/

one guy said "they dont count the ones that go down..."

also, spellcheck/auto-correct, obviously not a big player in alabama...
Posted By: BuffaloSpringsRD

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/09/17 07:04 PM

Seems to have an ear here....not sure what I think but they got pretty defensive pretty quick over people calling them out. That tends to be a sign......
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/10/17 02:50 PM

Nice deer, no matter the circumstances.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Possible new Alabama record (Non-Typical) But there are questions. - 01/15/17 04:31 AM

Well the right ear being in some photos and not in others is pretty odd. I would think if it was high fence you could just remove the tag and the hole would be hardly visible. Photo shopping out the ear just draws attention. Guess we will hear more about this deer in the coming weeks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum