Texas Hunting Forum

funky deer i shot a while back

Posted By: txhunter1010

funky deer i shot a while back - 11/28/16 04:29 PM

So I came across this set or antlers the other day.. It is a buck I shot probably 20 plus years ago .. When he came out we knew it was a buck but wasn't quite sure what was going on with his rack.. He also only had 3 legs.. ( so we thought).. so I shot him... When we get to him his right side front leg is curled up like in the position he would lay down... But it was locked in place.. strange.. At the time the game warden lived on the same road as our lease so we stopped by to show him.. he said he had seen a leg like that before years ago.. What had happened he said was the deer had probably broke it and or his shoulder and laid down long enough it fused back together in that position... Also was probably the cause of his rack growing crazy...

THE pic doesn't show how tall it is but each side was about 10 inches tall...

Posted By: Stub

Re: funky deer i shot a while back - 11/28/16 04:34 PM

Yep funky and needed to go, nice up
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: funky deer i shot a while back - 11/28/16 04:37 PM

Cool rack. 'Like a red stag crown on that one side. I think we have a similar one on our lease, but he's young and walking just fine.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: funky deer i shot a while back - 11/28/16 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Yep funky and needed to go, nice up
Posted By: txmudder

Re: funky deer i shot a while back - 11/28/16 05:10 PM

I shot a buck almost identical to that one years ago in Llano. Funny thing is, he really did only have three legs. I put a picture up in the camp house that said the Legendary Three Legged Deer. I will see if I can find the picture or take a picture of the horns.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum