Texas Hunting Forum

BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest

Posted By: BrazosHunter

BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 11/25/16 07:52 PM

I remember back to the early 1970's rabbit hunting with my dad around the Thanksgiving holiday on my grandparents farm in south-eastern Ohio. Images flash in my minds eye of rabbits darting out from under the thicket and in a split second they were gone. I think I might have shot one rabbit in all the miles of tramping around those Ohio hills and valleys where my dad grew up. Forty plus years later I'm still tramping around the woods just like Dad and I did but now it is Texas where I call home.

Now I get to share more modern day hunting adventures with my Texas nephews Austin and Harrison. It brings me great joy to see these young men make it in today's world and still be able to hold on to a little bit of the hunting tradition my father passed down to me so many years ago.

Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 11/28/16 06:14 PM

great video

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 11/28/16 09:16 PM

Took my other nephew Harrison out Sunday morning but with very different results.. not one deer came into view but everything stayed back in the woods and just blew at us or slipped away without making a sound. Next trip is going to be down into the river bottom thicket. Activity on the high ground seems to be subsiding fast based on the lack of fresh scrapes and no bucks visiting them regularly anymore.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 11/28/16 09:34 PM

up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 11/28/16 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
up

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 12/02/16 05:40 PM

Re: BuckTales: Thanksgiving Harvest - 12/04/16 02:28 PM

Posted By: NDN98