Texas Hunting Forum

I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him

Posted By: hetman

I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 01:35 PM

This Thief has been stealing corn & running deer off my new Now Bow stand since the October bow opener. I have literally hundreds of pics of this guy slurping down corn for hours on end. Deer standing at the perimeter , scared to come in the feeder. even a few shots of him chasing the deer off. He is always by himself never with any other pigs. He must have gotten too big for his britches and the dominate boar kicked him out of the sounder. He was smart also would never come out in the daylight, always a night time raider. I spent some long hours at night on my bow stand with a Night Vision Crossbow trying to nail him with no luck. But Saturday morning his greed & luck ran out. Tried sneaking in right after gray dawn & I was waiting with a AR10(308) a put one right behind his ear.

Looking at him later he has a huge head compared to his overall size & his ears are enormous, bigger than my whole hand. He may have a little bit of Russian mixed in. from all the pics I though he was bigger than what he actually weighed out 225LB

Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 01:47 PM

Great hunting, and way to keep the school yard fair! up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 02:10 PM

Well done
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Well done
Posted By: dkershen

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 02:33 PM

up
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 02:37 PM

loco_too My favorite sound is a bullet hitting the skull on a hog! banana2
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 05:22 PM

Great job!

Off the subject, but how do you like the base on the bottom of the grip? Has it ever gotten in the way? Looking at one myself.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/21/16 06:10 PM

up
Posted By: hetman

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/22/16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Creedmoor
Great job!

Off the subject, but how do you like the base on the bottom of the grip? Has it ever gotten in the way? Looking at one myself.

When you add one:

1) no longer fits in a conventional rifle case( I put gun in upside down and zip up to the handle from each side - no biggie

2) no longer fits well in some AR 15 cases - I have a double case that I use to put a scoped AR15 & scoped AR10 ( it still fits but not well)

3) a large foam cutout rifle case would work & some of the NOT form fitting AR cases would work

It gives you some extra length on the handle ( I have big hands) makes the rifle for me easier to steady for long shots. I hunted all of last season with the original grip w/ no problem. I will hunt all of this season with the new grip and decide at the end if I keep it or not.

it dose fit the carry case on my Can-AM hunting buggy
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/22/16 01:28 AM

Nice looking ..... but I didn't think about the case issue. May try one anyway. Thanks for the info! up
Posted By: NDN98

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/22/16 01:44 PM

up
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/22/16 01:52 PM

He looks plenty big to me! (I like the base on the bottom of the grip also.)
Posted By: cm250

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/23/16 01:35 AM

Dead hog equals a good hog!!!!
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/23/16 03:22 AM

Well done sir. up
Posted By: Trenton

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/23/16 03:26 AM

Nice job!
Posted By: heredeer

Re: I hate thieves & bullys so i shot him - 11/23/16 04:30 AM

banana