Texas Hunting Forum

Acorn Tip is down

Posted By: Vindicator

Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 06:25 PM

Congrats!!! To one of our clients who hunted with us for the first time at Cristo Creek Outfritters. We called this buck Acorn Tip because when he was 3.5 and 4.5 he grew acorn like blobs on his G-2's. Unfortunately he did not grow them this year at 6.5 but he did manage to grow some really neat bladed brow tines. We have hunted the buck for several years now, but November 5 was his day. He scored 142 3/8 Gross.

It was a great hunt with tons of bucks spotted and some successful rattling set ups that got the blood flowing.

He arrived a client, but left a friend.

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 06:28 PM

up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 07:10 PM

cheers
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers

Some Dandies hitting the ground up
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 07:17 PM

up Nice buck!!
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:13 PM

up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
up
cheers
Posted By: rabbit_jack

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
cheers

Some Dandies hitting the ground up

Congrats, great looking buck!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:38 PM

up
Posted By: pittdog33

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:44 PM

Nice buck, congrats.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
up Nice buck!!
Posted By: Hen-Killer

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 09:13 PM

cheers
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
up Nice buck!!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 09:30 PM

cheers
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 10:06 PM

Congrats
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 10:13 PM

Great buck! Congrats!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 10:34 PM

up
Posted By: sshunter

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/07/16 10:36 PM

Mike, you definitely got that "left a friend" part right. I've been on the forum for a few years and while I don't post much, I feel like I can't help but share my experience at Cristo Creek. I immediately felt right at home when I got there. Mike, Ross, and Bonnie are some of the nicest people anyone could ever meet. They are great Christian people whom will make you feel like you have known and been friends with them your whole life. The lodge is great, food is awesome, and the ranch is beautiful. The deer on the ranch are also unbelievable.

First morning was warm, and while we saw quiet a few deer, none were what we were looking for. Ross took me out rattling before the afternoon hunt. We rattled in 6 different bucks, one that just stopped and stared at us for about 4 minutes trying to figure out what we were. Another was a monster that they knew well. Went to the blind that afternoon and lost count of the number of deer we saw, but once again not the ones we were looking for. Mike and I went out the next morning. It was a crisp morning that we sat overlooking a food plot. We sat in the blind and watched God paint the sky pink and purple at sunrise and talked about our faith and what it meant to each of us. Saw a ton of deer with about half being bucks. We were after a upper end management buck. The deer kept getting spooky, and disappeared a few times. Mike said "God's got a plan". As he was saying it, I was thinking the same thing because something just felt right about that morning. 20 minutes later, we spot this buck making his way through the woods to the plot. I'm not sure who got more excited, me or Mike. He made it out to the plot, and the rest is history. Once again, these are some of the best people you could ever meet and I would recommend Cristo Creek to anyone. The have some great deer and work hard to make your hunt enjoyable. I hope to get invited back next year.
Posted By: Vindicator

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/08/16 08:49 PM

You are already on the list brother!!!!
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/08/16 08:51 PM

Outstanding!! cheers
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: Acorn Tip is down - 11/08/16 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Outstanding!! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum