Texas Hunting Forum

What insect or animal created this?

Posted By: krmitchell

What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:26 AM

Found this two places in our rv, feels like cotton or insulation, what produces this crap? This happened since last weekend.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:28 AM

A cotton tail rabbit duh.

J/k I have no idea
Posted By: charner

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:31 AM

may be rats dragging it in
Posted By: djs303

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:36 AM

looks like at rat or mouse is making a nest. They usually use something close by to fluff the nest like insulation, carpet or something similar.

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: djs303
looks like at rat or mouse is making a nest. They usually use something close by to fluff the nest like insulation, carpet or something similar.

Since I posted this I found it in three areas, the oven, a sock drawer and the pantry where a dog food bag had a home chewed threw it. Rats or mice, time for some traps tomorrow when I head into San Saba.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:52 AM

Yep. Rats making a home.

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 04:05 AM

Anyone had luck with the ultrasonic rodent repellent devices? Going to set traps and or poison but also looking for a longer term solution.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 04:49 AM

You better declar war on them before its to late!!! Insulate every hole on the outside of the RV with steel wool and throw about 1,000 moth balls under it while your at it. I would put as many mouse traps as you can on he inside also.....
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 05:10 AM

Traps, poison, moth balls and get yourself a couple of feral cats. Those ultrasonic noise makers can't hurt either. For traps we use a five gallon pail with a baited roller. Looks something like this:

Cheap and effective and it will hold a ton of mice.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 12:12 PM

Mice. Liquid Tom Cat and a chicken waterer just protect your pets. The mouse trap like Hirogen posted works really well. We built a larger version out of grease barrel to put in the barn to catch rats 40 yrs ago.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Hirogen
Traps, poison, moth balls and get yourself a couple of feral cats. Those ultrasonic noise makers can't hurt either. For traps we use a five gallon pail with a baited roller. Looks something like this:

I like this idea a lot. What is the green looking water stuff in the bottom of the bucket? does it stop the mice from stinking real bad, or do you empty it daily? What did you put on the beer can to attract the mice? Looks like peanut butter.
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Originally Posted By: Hirogen

I like this idea a lot. What is the green looking water stuff in the bottom of the bucket? does it stop the mice from stinking real bad, or do you empty it daily? What did you put on the beer can to attract the mice? Looks like peanut butter.

Antifreeze. Kills them fast and prevents rot/stink. We use peanut butter for bait. The pic is not mine and is something I just pulled off another site as I didn't have any pics of our pails.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Anyone had luck with the ultrasonic rodent repellent devices? Going to set traps and or poison but also looking for a longer term solution.

We use those at the lease when we are gone, seems to help.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/10/16 03:30 PM

mice
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What insect or animal created this? - 09/11/16 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Bucks and Ducks
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

We use those at the lease when we are gone, seems to help.

We have great luck with them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum