Texas Hunting Forum

A few Bucks... Thoughts?

Posted By: straightG34

A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 02:24 PM

I guess with the amazing weather we have had the past year or two (rain) and I started protein year around about a year ago I am seeing a lot more bucks than normal.
Usually I will see a good one at night but just not consistent. This year is a little different.
I hunt southern Oklahoma and bow hunt only so I would like to hear what you guys think on some of these bucks. Really what they would score. Sorry for the bad pics and turned sideways.
The top two are the same buck.

Posted By: Hartca

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 02:36 PM

Good looking Bucks!
Posted By: BenBob

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 02:36 PM

Really nice bucks
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 02:53 PM

Nice bucks but hard to tell much from those pics. They have the 8pt frames of upper 120's to upper 130's bucks depending on when the pics were taken. The last one could be better but can't tell length of points or how many he has for sure.
Posted By: straightG34

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 03:23 PM

Ya sorry about the pics. I am checking them again Friday and will try to put up the actual game cam photo. These were taken with my phone.
Thanks for the input though.
Never had them on a pattern like this so my plan is to stay away as much as possible keep feeding what im feeding and on opening morning get in there early down wind and hope they stick to a pattern.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 03:30 PM

I might pass on the opening morning hunt over feeder to sit that afternoon. Hunt a trail or water or ??? blind that is going to catch deer moving to and from feeders. Pay close attention to the times they are feeding after dark till daylight. I have bucks on feeders about 45 minutes to and hour before daylight right now with the heat. They move to very early or late evening daylight as it cools down. Then even more into the light as the days shorten.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 04:36 PM

Nice deer
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 08/31/16 06:10 PM

I think you need a new camera or face the one you have away from the sun....bucks look good too.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I think you need a new camera or face the one you have away from the sun....bucks look good too.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 03:05 AM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 12:46 PM

up
Posted By: jim1961

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 01:29 PM

up
Posted By: Apretz

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 01:53 PM

up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: A few Bucks... Thoughts? - 09/01/16 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

The glare is probably more because he is taking pictures of his computer screen and posting them than the picture itself.

Nice looking bucks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum