Posted By: MathMan

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 05:22 PM

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 05:41 PM

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 05:45 PM

Posted By: MikeC

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 06:16 PM

That buck with the stickers and drop tines would be in big trouble if I saw him. up

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeC
That buck with the stickers and drop tines would be in big trouble if I saw him. up

We have been watching him for the last 3 years. When we first saw him he was a 9, last year he was an 11, this year I can't count that high:).

Last year we had the shot on him and passed. Glad we did!!!
Posted By: tlk

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 10:26 PM

good stuff - i love when we get a good one on video- cant believe you do two and a half minute videos on your cams - would eat our batteries up - we go 15-30 seconds
Posted By: NDN98

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 10:31 PM

Nice bucks!

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/20/16 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
good stuff - i love when we get a good one on video- cant believe you do two and a half minute videos on your cams - would eat our batteries up - we go 15-30 seconds

They are 15second videos. I just put a few into one file.

Love our stealthcams. They were refurbished ones from 3 years ago from a guy on here(epichunter). We have solar panels on them with a 12v battery. Run non stop for 3 years. This July the battery died. Changed it and it's running strong.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/21/16 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
Nice bucks!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/22/16 02:19 AM

up
Posted By: majekman

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/23/16 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: MathMan

We have been watching him for the last 3 years. When we first saw him he was a 9, last year he was an 11, this year I can't count that high:).

Last year we had the shot on him and passed. Glad we did!!!

Good deer Math
So he gonna get another pass this year?
Posted By: Stub

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/24/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
up
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/24/16 01:35 PM

Posted By: redchevy

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/24/16 01:49 PM

Wow, that one is impressive, not something you see every day.

I remember for the past couple years you have been posting up some really good looking deer in videos and pictures, like you said yall have been letting them walk and age, just curious have yall connected with any of the ones you were ready to take? I don't ever remember seeing kill pics?

Good luck this season.

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/25/16 02:34 AM

We only connected with one nice buck last year. No pics. I shot nothing. Just a doe at another place. Seems the deer vanish when the season comes. I haven't gotten anything nice in a few years. Neighbors killed two monsters though. Ones we hadn't ever seen. This year I only like two deer on camera so far. Weird, the Bucks never seem to age. We don't shoot much, neighbors say they don't shoot much and I think we would see them or hear them. Every year we pass on about 8 or so ok bucks and they never show up again. I don't get it.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 08/25/16 12:21 PM

That's the story of most LF places that aren't huge I think. We have been hunting/managing our place since 2007 and we have only had 2 bucks that we watched for years on cam and actually shot. They come and go... to where, who knows.

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 10/07/16 03:59 AM

Is that buck legal? Is he wide enough?

Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 10/07/16 03:55 PM

GW would have to be a colossal prick to write you a ticket for shooting that buck.
Posted By: ccc_carter

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 10/07/16 06:36 PM

great looking deer!
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: South TX Deer Videos - 10/07/16 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ccc_carter
great looking deer!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum