Texas Hunting Forum

New Hog Trap

Posted By: cameron00

New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 10:57 PM

It's live. Sends me text messages with whatever is under it.

Gonna be fun.

Posted By: East

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 11:03 PM

this is going to be good
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 11:07 PM

I wouldn't be able to go to sleep
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 11:48 PM

up popcorn
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 11:48 PM

Those are really cool!
Posted By: swmays

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/26/16 11:57 PM

going to be fun!
Posted By: mikei

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 12:39 AM

Out damned standing! Can hardly wait to get your feedback on how that sweet rig works out for you!
Posted By: Espy

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 01:07 AM

thats kool up
Posted By: R.M.

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 01:12 AM

awesome
Posted By: BigPig

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 01:30 AM

You need a live feed for us to watch. Can you control the up and down from home?
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 01:35 AM

Very cool, good luck.

Remember to always to set it up on fairly level ground. Otherwise there will be a void under the bottom ring which can encourage pigs to start digging...to get out.

The other thing worth remembering is because of the design, the entire circumference of the trap is basically the 'trap door'. You will want your target animal(s) to be as close to the center of the trap as possible before triggering it. Any pigs near the edge...stand a good chance of running underneath the trap before it falls completely.

The farthest a pig can be from 'freedom' is the radius (half the distance of the diameter) of the trap. But...that doesn't mean a pig couldn't run from one edge to other, instead of the shortest distance.

Should be great fun...and I wish you the very best. The more of these pests we can get rid of....the better.

Please keep us updated and congratulations on your new trap.

Flint.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 04:27 AM

cheers
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 07:13 AM

popcorn
Posted By: spg

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 11:22 AM

Where did you get it?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 11:35 AM

interesting

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
You need a live feed for us to watch. Can you control the up and down from home?

Only the release, but I have a hog buyer that will reset it when he picks them up. It's pretty simply, just use a hand crank winch.

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: spg
Where did you get it?

Guy in my area custom builds them and traps hogs full time. He doesn't make much on the build, but has a network of people out trapping for him now.

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 12:03 PM

Last night I got 1 pic of a very menacing coon.

I drove around my property yesterday and there wasn't a lot of fresh hog sign, but I've got a feeder going now and there was some very fresh sign about 700 yards away, so I don't think it'll be long until they find it.

In other good news, my place flooded incredibly badly. Entire property 5 feet under water and bridge to my place completely destroyed. Can still access it via back roads, but the damage was substantial. When that happens, the deer usually completely disappear to higher ground and it takes them a long time to come back. I probably saw 15-20 yesterday, so that was very encouraging.
Posted By: Stub

Re: New Hog Trap - 06/27/16 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
up popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum