Texas Hunting Forum

BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!!

Posted By: JCB

BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 09:49 PM

Its been almost 13 months since I have been out on the lake and I was determined it wasn't going to be any longer than that! I had no intentions of doing much fishing today at all. This was suppose to just be a quick get out on the lake and play in all the new water trip while burning all the old fuel out of the boat. I had mentioned going this weekend to a friend from TFF and he wanted to make it a fishing trip and I told him I wasn't going to be out there long enough for that so I just went alone. I feel bad about that now because it turned out to be one of the best days I have ever had on Ray Hubbard in over 30 years!

I got on the water about 7:30am this morning and was off by 11:30am. That was about twice as long as I planned to stay. Anyway after running the boat for about 15 minutes I pulled up to one of my deep water spots and dropped a Texas Rig down in about 18 feet of water and first cast produced a small Bass. 3 casts later I stuck one between 6-7 pounds and lost her right at the boat fumbling around for the net that would ALWAYS be on the front deck if this were a planned fishing trip. After that I decided to make a long run to a Sandbass/Hybrid spot I like to hit early in the morning. Did some graphing around and found them stacked on a sharp drop off so I tossed out the marker bouy and caught about 50 or so Sandies, Yellow Bellys, and one decent Hybrid. I tossed 15 of them in the live well because I have been having to buy Tilapia at the store for the last year. roflmao

After that I decided to hit one of my deep water crank bait spots to see if there were any Bass there. The winds were suppose to be 5-10mph today but it was 20+mph. With waves coming over the front of the boat I caught a Bass on my first cast. Next cast same thing, and the next and the next and the next. I have never seen Bass stacked like that in my life!! This lasted 45 minutes or so until they broke my crankbait. No way I could dig out another crankbait in that kind of wind so I picked up a hard suspending jerkbait I had tied on and tossed it out. First cast I got a bite and set the hook into what I thought was nice Bass. It ended up being 2 nice Bass with one on the front hook and one on the back. In all my life I have never caught two Bass on one cast on public water until today, and have only done it once on private water.

Really wish I could have got some on the water pics of the Bass but my camera is not water proof and no way I was going to risk it taking a dive in the lake.

Here are a few pics.

I have no idea what the story behind this one is. Its real close to party cove so my guess is alcohol was involved. Maybe they wanted to see what was on the other side of the rocks. hammer

After they destroyed my crankbait.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 10:24 PM

Those fish put up the best fight!!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 10:25 PM

Great morning!
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 10:29 PM

Nice parking Job in the first pic!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
Its been almost 13 months since I have been out on the lake and I was determined it wasn't going to be any longer than that! I had no intentions of doing much fishing today at all. This was suppose to just be a quick get out on the lake and play in all the new water trip while burning all the old fuel out of the boat. I had mentioned going this weekend to a friend from TFF and he wanted to make it a fishing trip and I told him I wasn't going to be out there long enough for that so I just went alone. I feel bad about that now because it turned out to be one of the best days I have ever had on Ray Hubbard in over 30 years!

I got on the water about 7:30am this morning and was off by 11:30am. That was about twice as long as I planned to stay. Anyway after running the boat for about 15 minutes I pulled up to one of my deep water spots and dropped a Texas Rig down in about 18 feet of water and first cast produced a small Bass. 3 casts later I stuck one between 6-7 pounds and lost her right at the boat fumbling around for the net that would ALWAYS be on the front deck if this were a planned fishing trip. After that I decided to make a long run to a Sandbass/Hybrid spot I like to hit early in the morning. Did some graphing around and found them stacked on a sharp drop off so I tossed out the marker bouy and caught about 50 or so Sandies, Yellow Bellys, and one decent Hybrid. I tossed 15 of them in the live well because I have been having to buy Tilapia at the store for the last year. roflmao

After that I decided to hit one of my deep water crank bait spots to see if there were any Bass there. The winds were suppose to be 5-10mph today but it was 20+mph. With waves coming over the front of the boat I caught a Bass on my first cast. Next cast same thing, and the next and the next and the next. I have never seen Bass stacked like that in my life!! This lasted 45 minutes or so until they broke my crankbait. No way I could dig out another crankbait in that kind of wind so I picked up a hard suspending jerkbait I had tied on and tossed it out. First cast I got a bite and set the hook into what I thought was nice Bass. It ended up being 2 nice Bass with one on the front hook and one on the back. In all my life I have never caught two Bass on one cast on public water until today, and have only done it once on private water.

Really wish I could have got some on the water pics of the Bass but my camera is not water proof and no way I was going to risk it taking a dive in the lake.

Here are a few pics.

I have no idea what the story behind this one is. Its real close to party cove so my guess is alcohol was involved. Maybe they wanted to see what was on the other side of the rocks. hammer

After they destroyed my crankbait.
why didn't you just walk the shore line instead of running your boat up on the bank
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/26/16 11:45 PM

Sounds and looks like a good day on the water!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/27/16 04:29 AM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/27/16 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/27/16 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 06/28/16 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71
up
Posted By: kmon11

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 07/02/16 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB

Saw this boat on the news when they were talking about being careful on the water this weekend. They said the driver of the boat was drunk and passed out
Posted By: JCB

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 07/03/16 01:22 AM

No surprise there. roflmao Not sure if he was ejected or not when he ran up there, but I hear rocks are really hard and those rocks are really big so probably wasn't a very soft landing. hammer
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 07/03/16 01:31 PM

Good to see and end to the dry spell. Great day of fishing up Be careful out there.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: BEEN WAY TO DANG LONG!!!!!!! - 07/03/16 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: dlrz71

Very Nice up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum