Texas Hunting Forum

Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 02:51 PM

Had another friend work up some designs for our potential new logo. Wanted to share these with you and get some feedback. Everything that we would put our logo on would already have our name, and or website address, so his goal would be to create an iconic image that would stand alone as well (shirts, hats, stickers, etc. Here they are...whatch think?

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 03:06 PM

Ok being honest

The top design Mirrors to closely to jagermeister
https://www.google.com/search?q=jagermei...p;client=safari

The bottom one is simple , it doesn't wow me though

Pardon my dumbness but what is the other Symbol above or below the horns?

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 03:15 PM

George, I'm guessing the teardrop looking thing with the circle in middle is the mapping pointer or something? Not sure I'm associating that service with a set of deer antlers/rack. Being honest here.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 03:29 PM

My son has designed several logos for the outdoor industry as well. He does the actual computer work but I've helped him with some of the ideas if that makes sense.
AntlerCreekDesigns
I don't like any of these as an actual "branding" type logo. A suggestion would be for a deer silhouette with a generic topo map filling in the silhouette. Just my .02 cents.

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 03:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback - to answer you questions, the teardrop icon is basically the google pin drop - it is used when you are wanting to get direction on digital maps, also used in some print maps these days. Trying to blend "maps" and "ranches" with the fusion of those two.

And, I can see the Jager connection there. Hadn't "seen" that until you mentioned it.

I appreciate the honesty and welcome other thoughts/feedback.

We've gone through a few logos so far, and really just haven't been fully happy with them, (though I designed each one myself, including our current one). Decided to give some friends the reigns and see what they came up with. We are trying to convey that we make maps for ranches...98% of our customers are hunters, so the deer imagery seems to get the attention of the majority of our customers, as something they can connect with. Trying to convey "MAPS" has been a tough one. We have some really big things happening with our company right now, and we want to settle with a logo before this next big marketing campaign we're about to start.

Some say we shouldn't limit ourselves to marketing that we map hunting ranches. We are about to launch Map My Lake, and we have another company in the works to map other types of properties. We've found it easier to have individual sites and companies under one umbrella, were each can have a particular market to address...makes it easier and more focused for advertising and business partnerships.

We have another friend/designer working on touching up the designs below. I posted these the other week, and should have final drafts with updates on these below soon. Just wanted to share/get feedback on the images above, since they just hit my inbox this morning. (Antlers will be redesigned on the below images)

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/25/16 03:36 PM

Blazin- Might try that idea out...thanks for the feedback!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/26/16 02:47 PM

The top ones with the idea bubble above the deer make me think of a cartoon when they think of something.

I like how you are trying to use antlers or a buck in your logo. I just don't think it's working. Maybe another type of antler, or angle, or animal. How many of your clients are for hunting ranches compared to livestock?

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/28/16 03:51 PM

eddiewalker - thanks for the feedback. the majority of our clients are hunting ranches. Over 90%
Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/28/16 06:09 PM

Just my 2 cents, none of the racks on these bucks are eye catching. Don't go over the top big, but an impressive deer always gets a ranchers attention.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/30/16 05:25 PM

Throw some barb wire in there and some type of map. That is synonimous with someone owning a ranch. I would go some a simple landscape image with a fence in the background and a map marker in it. Not sure you need a giant deer image in it.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/30/16 06:09 PM

I like the compass idea. What about just using the north arrow.

Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/30/16 06:29 PM

Just saying grin

Posted By: crosshare

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/30/16 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Just saying grin

I like this one, clean and simple! I think if you want a deer head, deer, or antlers you could add them on the areas around the TX. If you wanted to reach further you could put a fish along the coast line and a old style tractor up in the panhandle. Just don't make them as bold as the TX, make it like the compass dial in the background.
Then I think you will have a winner cheers

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: crosshare
Just saying grin

I like this one, clean and simple! I think if you want a deer head, deer, or antlers you could add them on the areas around the TX. If you wanted to reach further you could put a fish along the coast line and a old style tractor up in the panhandle. Just don't make them as bold as the TX, make it like the compass dial in the background.

Thank you sir cheers
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: crosshare
Just saying grin

Looks great!

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 04:11 PM

KRoyal (REPR Designs) definitely does some good work, there is no doubt about that!

My buddy came back with some changes we asked him to make, and I think this will be a very close version to the winner, if not the final design.

Will likely go with something like the one above, though we can work with different color variation, for various printing purposes.

Other color schemes below.

Thoughts?
Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 04:14 PM

I like these latest versions a lot!

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch
KRoyal (REPR Designs) definitely does some good work, there is no doubt about that!

Thank you for the kind words George up. I like the new design as well. The "other color scheme" with no back ground will make your life way easier when it comes to printing.

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 04:29 PM

^^^ You are very welcome! And I agree with the printing part! I ran a multimedia department for a marketing firm years back, and always liked designs that made my life easier when it came down to print media!

Thanks bow5! I think we finally narrowed down what we want. We may have some fine tuning, but Colin (other part of MMR) and I are pleased with this direction.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 07:52 PM

I still prefer KRoyal's design.....you did ask for opinions....that's mine....

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 03/31/16 08:28 PM

Snake - glad to have everyone's opinions, for sure. That's why I've been sharing these - want to see what everything thinks about each design and why they are drawn to, or turn away, from each one. Thanks for responding
Posted By: shock_n_awe

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 04/01/16 03:15 AM

Use the skull as topo map and incorporate the horns as compass points as an overlay.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 04/01/16 01:31 PM

Gotta saw the Texas symbol with the barb wire catches my eye a lot more then anything else I've seen. That's really sharp!!!!!

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 04/02/16 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Gotta saw the Texas symbol with the barb wire catches my eye a lot more then anything else I've seen. That's really sharp!!!!!

Appreciate it sir!!
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 04/02/16 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: George - w/ Map My Ranch

My buddy came back with some changes we asked him to make, and I think this will be a very close version to the winner, if not the final design.

Will likely go with something like the one above, though we can work with different color variation, for various printing purposes.

Other color schemes below.

Thoughts?

I like it , except for the caribou looking horns.. Maybe clean the horns up some

Re: Map My Ranch - logo ideas - round 2 - feedback appreciated - 04/02/16 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I still prefer KRoyal's design.....you did ask for opinions....that's mine....
appreciate0 it sir!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum