Texas Hunting Forum

Tripod jackrabbit

Posted By: GimmeABuck

Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 12:32 AM

Went varmint hunting Monday night and ended up with 19 jacks, a ringtail, a coon and 2 skunks. Noticed one of the jacks had a stump leg, that wasn't slowing it down a bit. Looking closely at the leg, the muscle wasn't as atrophied as you'd think and the fur covering it was stained like she used it to get around. Kinda neat!

Posted By: jetdad

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 01:14 AM

My gosh, how can you shoot a poor three legged jack rabbit. "It's easy, you just don't lead as much".

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: jetdad
My gosh, how can you shoot a poor three legged jack rabbit. "It's easy, you just don't lead as much".

roflmao Never heard that one, funny!!
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 01:51 AM

Full Metal Jacket. You're too young. It's a war movie.

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 02:40 AM

Yessir, that movie is just a little older than I am... I only remember the scene where R Lee Ermey is yelling about gouging out eyes and... haha.

Been in the mood to watch a movie, I'll see if it's on Netflix.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 02:00 PM

Full Metal Jacket is a great movie.
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 06:37 PM

Boiled jack rabbit makes good dog food. Just a comment on a use for the critters.

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 07:35 PM

Right now we are using them to try to get the coyotes coming predictably to one area, I bet they'll catch on pretty quick. That's a good idea though- this time I cut some of their ears off for my GSD. He likes all the critters... coons, fox, jacks, anything. Sort of gross but he's on a monthly anti-parasitic/worm and has his shots so I just let him have em. Boiling would probably be safer, but those jacks STINK!

Part of the coyote dump. Come N get it!!
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Tripod jackrabbit - 03/17/16 09:33 PM

just another bloody Jack !!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum