Texas Hunting Forum

dogs vs. boar video

Posted By: Buzzard Breath

dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 03:12 PM

https://www.facebook.com/X.ARARAT/videos/584061911728609/
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 03:35 PM

Wonder how long it will take facebook to shut that down?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 03:52 PM

Those big fat dogs aint bout that life...

that boar has seen plenty of dogs in its life and is just under the size were he would be to slow... knows how to handle them well

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 03:53 PM

Toss a quick little rednose in that pen and game over...
Posted By: Stub

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 03:58 PM

After that those dogs were begging, can we be bird dogs instead muyloco

That boar put a quick end to what appeared to be a training exercise bolt

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

One of these confused2

Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 04:03 PM

The diversity of folks in the comments/replies surprised me - especially the ones that seemed to enjoy watching.
Posted By: Quick Shoot Again

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 04:22 PM

Sumptin tells me that hog don't like dogs, just guessin.

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
The diversity of folks in the comments/replies surprised me - especially the ones that seemed to enjoy watching.

I found it interesting watching the video. Hate seeing the dogs get hammered like that, glad they had on vest and appear to have no real injuries.

Was that a training exercise or a fighting pen like for dog or rooster fights confused2

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub

I enjoyed watching the video. Hate seeing the dogs get hammered like that, glad they had on vest and appear to have no real injuries.

Was that a training exercise or a fighting pen like for dog or rooster fights confused2

Na them dogs got away fine... that boar is good and why they are using him for training... makes a dog smart when they meet a boar with his cutters not filed down.. some boar just never grow cutters either and make great training hogs... I think this one has had them though if you notice when the one dog gets behind him he was just setting the pup up... the boar slings around and catches him with the side of his face... in real life a hit like that with decent cutters could even go through cheap Kevlar and would have punctured at least the lungs maybe caught the heart... that hog has been on the winning side of many dogs.

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 05:17 PM

One of these confused2

cheers
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 06:35 PM

That was a butt whoopin'
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 07:25 PM

Assuming this was a training exercise would any of those dogs be considered good hog dogs? It looks like they aren't too 'into' it and didn't want anymore of that hog or is that because this is just very early in the training?

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 07:34 PM

Look like new catch dogs... they even may have been hunting before but never met a fella with a set quite like this
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 07:58 PM

Rednose or any other isn't going to have the luxury of an OPEN pen where I live. Hogs get bayed up in the thickest bunch of saplings and Greenbrier you can imagine. ANY dog that doesn't display caution gets hammered. A hog can go from zero to full speed in about 3 jumps. Hog dogs trying to turn and avoid the collision get tangled up in the saplings.

Seen some pretty bad wrecks that way.

You have to have gritty bay dogs around here...and a SMART catch dog, or it will pay the price. Cut vests and collars will only do so much. Open field or edge of a pond, yeah....game over. Thick stuff= Advantage Hog.

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: flintknapper

Rednose or any other isn't going to have the luxury of an OPEN pen where I live. Hogs get bayed up in the thickest bunch of saplings and Greenbrier you can imagine. ANY dog that doesn't display caution gets hammered. A hog can go from zero to full speed in about 3 jumps. Hog dogs trying to turn and avoid the collision get tangled up in the saplings.

Seen some pretty bad wrecks that way.

You have to have gritty bay dogs around here...and a SMART catch dog, or it will pay the price. Cut vests and collars will only do so much. Open field or edge of a pond, yeah....game over. Thick stuff= Advantage Hog.

cheers terrain changes things for sure
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 08:33 PM

One of these confused2

cheers
my money is on the hog
Posted By: TxAg

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 08:42 PM

Yep, I believe Nav nailed it.

Those dogs are earning some priceless experience without having to pay the consequences. Might just save them from bad injuries in the future. That boar knows exactly what he's doing.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 08:50 PM

...a 42 sec. video....4 dogs vs. 1 hog....after 20 sec. all 4 dogs were done and back at the gate wanting out....that was one fast training lesson...and one impressive pig.....

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45

One of these confused2

cheers
my money is on the hog

Crazy what one can do once its got a few big hogs under its belt.. we had a rednose that was not even 50lbs... watched him lock down plenty of boar over 200-250lbs. Old boy never checked up once and we finally retired him just from getting old
Posted By: heredeer

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 10:06 PM

any good hog dog guy carries los of needles and thread, and staples, and... mobile dog hospital (even with the vests)

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/10/16 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By: heredeer
any good hog dog guy carries los of needles and thread, and staples, and... mobile dog hospital (even with the vests)

Yup
Posted By: hetman

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/11/16 01:28 AM

that hog picked out each dog and nailed it
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/11/16 01:48 AM

Those big fat dogs aint bout that life...

that boar has seen plenty of dogs in its life and is just under the size were he would be to slow... knows how to handle them well

roflmao No, they're not....and about as hard as jello. That's an awful feisty boar to start training on, good way to ruin a dog.
Posted By: no-guts-no-glory

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/11/16 03:54 PM

That hog laid the smack down on those dogs.
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/12/16 12:48 AM

I found it interesting watching the video. Hate seeing the dogs get hammered like that, glad they had on vest and appear to have no real injuries.

Looked like a round pen for breaking horse's to me. That video has been out for a really long time. Suprised more folks haven't seen it.
Posted By: P1DTAY

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/12/16 03:49 AM

Is this normal training for hog dogs?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/12/16 04:57 AM

Originally Posted By: P1DTAY

No. Normally you train young dogs on young pigs that they can learn on whether in the field or in a pin. This video is like a rookie walking into the ring with Mike Tyson. More often than not, if a young dog gets smashed by a big boar they will be gun shy for a while, sometimes forever depending on the dog.

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/12/16 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

No. Normally you train young dogs on young pigs that they can learn on whether in the field or in a pin. This video is like a rookie walking into the ring with Mike Tyson. More often than not, if a young dog gets smashed by a big boar they will be gun shy for a while, sometimes forever depending on the dog.

Sure could show you the ones to cut and ones to keep real quick though...
Posted By: P1DTAY

Re: dogs vs. boar video - 03/14/16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

Good, I'm glad. Seems a little harsh.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum