Texas Hunting Forum

My old friend has returned

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 05:17 AM

Well played my friend, you won this round.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 12:27 PM

Wow. He played it very well indeed. I am excited to see what he will look like next year. Do you have any idea where he went?
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 12:31 PM

up
Posted By: Stub

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:10 PM

Nice buck up If range conditions are good he should be a Stud this year, hopefully you will out play him this time cheers
Posted By: Western

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:37 PM

Nice buck! I'd rather have him hold over than a cull you may have been after though. Definitely something to look forward to for this Fall.

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Wow. He played it very well indeed. I am excited to see what he will look like next year. Do you have any idea where he went?

I have no clue. I didn't have many does this season so I'm sure he went to find some. I have lots of improvements to make on my place this off season to keep deer like him from leaving. At least he was alive to spread his genes.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:40 PM

cheers Great looking buck. Gonna make the off-season seem even longer.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

I have no clue. I didn't have many does this season so I'm sure he went to find some. I have lots of improvements to make on my place this off season to keep deer like him from leaving. At least he was alive to spread his genes.

Let me know when your doing improvements. I'd like to come out and help. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Great looking buck. Gonna make the off-season seem even longer.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 04:48 PM

He definitely played the game perfect to never show up during hunting season. He was mighty fine this year and should be even nicer next year.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 06:12 PM

Yep, nice buck. Good luck next year
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/06/16 07:32 PM

He is a good one to have in the gene pool for another year, how old do you think he is? Good tine length all the way out, man that buck will be a "stud" in the fall.

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/07/16 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Red Cloud
He is a good one to have in the gene pool for another year, how old do you think he is? Good tine length all the way out, man that buck will be a "stud" in the fall.

I was thinking 4 or 5. I just bought the place last summer so just getting to know the deer on it. I was sure impressed with him though because of the length and how symmetrical he is. Would love to find his sheds when he drops them but I know the chances are slim.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/07/16 04:56 PM

I give up on keeping score, they are always gonna win, but we get lucky just enough to keep us crawling back up

Pretty buck, he will be there next year!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/07/16 05:00 PM

Good Looking Deer Sir up
Posted By: Navasot

Re: My old friend has returned - 03/07/16 05:35 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum