Texas Hunting Forum

Yote Sighing

Posted By: ThreePeppers

Yote Sighing - 02/08/16 06:01 PM

Spotted this dude on McPherson in far SW Fort Worth today after dropping my daughter off at school. Probably within 1/4-1/2 mile from 3 different Crowley ISD campuses. From the looks of him he's been eating well.

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/08/16 07:58 PM

Probably several cats and dogs in that belly. Cool pic up
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/08/16 08:07 PM

I got a young female Yote that enjoys catching Rats when I'm mowing and discing. She shows up as soon as I hit the field and will spend hours running along side the tractor. Thought about shooting her but she is a lot of fun to watch killing and chasing Rats. She chases Rabbits too but has yet to catch one, she can out run them, just not out cut them.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 06:29 AM

Good pics.
Posted By: Hunter-Boss

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 02:05 PM

Saw one about a month ago at Denton Hiwy and Stanley Keller Rd. Laying on the south side of a brush pile just sunning. Was about 30 yds off Denton Hiwy.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Poodle-it's what's for dinner!
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 02:54 PM

You sure that's 100% yote? Looks to me like there could be some German Sheppard in the DNA.
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 04:00 PM

I'm in Carrollton and see them on a regular basis. Not tame by any means but not real afraid either
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt Dog
You sure that's 100% yote? Looks to me like there could be some German Sheppard in the DNA.

He could definitely be a hybrid. There's a pack that lives around here in pretty close proximity to the subdivisions. Used to see them all the time but as they build more and more I've seen less of them. Can still hear them howling on a nice calm evening though.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/09/16 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: heredeer
I'm in Carrollton and see them on a regular basis. Not tame by any means but not real afraid either

I remember about 5-8 years ago a coyote showed up on the playground at Arapaho Elementary in Richardson in the middle of the afternoon. There were some freaked out parents and teachers.
Posted By: P1DTAY

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/10/16 12:07 AM

I live north of the Denton Dump and have seen them like crazy lately. They aren't scared of humans either. I drove by one the other night stopped my truck about 10 feet away from it and it just looked at me until I hollared at it
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/10/16 12:20 AM

My inlaws live off Main and Old Orchard in Lewisville, see one regularly on their street.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/10/16 03:47 AM

We have them regularly in Plano
Posted By: jaymz

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/10/16 04:10 AM

Yotes and Bobcats love to invade areas with high cottontail populations... which is most of the metroplex suburbs, especially Collin County and the 380 corridor into Denton.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/10/16 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
Posted By: aggiegolfer09

Re: Yote Sighing - 02/11/16 03:07 AM

saw one last week off i20 south of dallas
Posted By: xxBRADxx

Re: Yote Sighing - 03/12/16 08:11 AM

Lookin all smug and stuff!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum