Texas Hunting Forum

Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy.

Posted By: Stub

Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 09:36 PM

I saw this spike several times during the general season he is a must die on the hit list, held off until the extended doe & spike period. Took off last Thursday to get this Booger. Well nothing but fog Thursday morning, in the evening there were 12 doe & fawns in the field and he ran right in the middle of the pack eek2 I decided to hold off until tomorrow (Friday) because (lazy) he is showing up regularly. I hunted through Saturday and he was a no show hammer

Monday a.m. the wife says there are birds going nuts in the backyard, a Red Tailed hawk takes off with Crows chasing and lands on next pole. I see it has something in its Talon, picture reveals it is part of another Crow up Told the wife it is a sign from above to go back out into the woods for the Devil Spike will be awaiting laugh

In the blind at 3:45, around 4:30 doe's start filtering into the field, by 5:30 there are 6 doe, 3 fawns. About 5:40 all of the girls look to the east fence and start moving away not spooked but seemed annoyed? It was the perv spike ready for the chase that never happened, he bent down to eat some groceries and I tagged him in the back of the neck.

After the Boom, deer scattered to the edge of the field looking around like wtf 6 stayed and stared at him then single file walked down towards the fallen chaser. Guess they figured he was done and went back to eating like it never happened confused2

After field dressing that evening, let him hang before skinning and quartering, it was nice and cold that night.

Game cam card shows I have some more hunting to do, clock is an hour fast. Need another hunting sign or Omen ASAP for the wife wink

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 09:39 PM

Cute lil buck.
Tastiest, too.

up rifle
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 09:53 PM

cheers I hate crows....
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
cheers I hate crows....

So do I.

I think those ladies thought he was ugly and were glad to see him take a dirt nap. up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
cheers I hate crows....

So do I.

I think those ladies thought he was ugly and were glad to see him take a dirt nap. up

Good news is NO COONS
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/14/16 11:41 PM

nice...and then the porkies
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/15/16 12:21 AM

he'll eat really well up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/15/16 03:28 PM

Gosh, I think you should have given him a year or two. He might have been a 12 point next year!

bolt
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/15/16 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Gosh, I think you should have given him a year or two. He might have been a 12 point next year!

bolt

At least 150-160", right?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Little Devil Is Done. Pic Heavy. - 01/15/16 04:22 PM

Nice! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum