Texas Hunting Forum

New island (Table & Bench pic added)

Posted By: TAT

New island (Table & Bench pic added) - 01/10/16 10:59 PM

My pepaw is a hell of a wood worker. He's building this island for my wife. It will match our table and bench he built for our kitchen as well. Hope yall like it. Getting close to done. I'll post some pics of other stuff he has built for me as well. Enjoy!

Posted By: jmh004

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:00 PM

Beautiful

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:03 PM

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:04 PM

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:05 PM

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:06 PM

Those are just a few more pics of the things he has built for me. Wife won't let me take pic of table and bench till its cleaned off from the grocery run I just made!!! Lol. The last pic he built the gun cabinet and the clock to the left of it. Enjoy
Posted By: Stompy

Re: New island - 01/10/16 11:29 PM

He's talented.
Posted By: don k

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:07 AM

Great looking work.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:12 AM

You will always enjoy the things he made you, but enjoy him as long as you can.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:15 AM

Great looking work.
Posted By: tex70

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:26 AM

Impressive cheers

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:26 AM

Thanks all, I'm truly blessed to still have all my grandparents. Learned a ton from both grandfathers. One is a master carpenter. The other has taught me everything I know about the outdoors. My pepaw in the pic is in his 80's. Pretty damn good shape! If ya ask me. He had a painting business his whole life. Did carpentry,but all the real custom stuff he makes he has never sold. Always made and gave away. Said wood work was his passion and if he did it for a living it would turn into work. Most things he builds now days he build multiples of. For every member of the family. Be it for a guy or one of the women in the family. Honestly you should see his house. It's amazingly beautiful.

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:17 AM

Table and bench pic!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

X2
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:28 AM

He's got skills. I'd be a sponge around him.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

X2
X 3 Hope you have many years left with him.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:57 AM

Treasures all! And it looks like he has a great shop. cheers

Re: New island - 01/11/16 02:37 AM

His shop is unbelievable. Ya, a good bit has rubbed off. I tend to stick to metal fab and motors,but I'm pretty good at it too. It's been passed down for a while. Im a very lucky guy. We built him that shop about 5 years ago. He loves it. I have a bat he carved when he was a kid. He carved it using a piece of glass. Lol. The things he makes are truly works of art that will be passed down for generations. The house we are going to be having built soon will have to have a pretty good kitchen to hold that table and new island. Yes I am blessed. Built a few small things with him a few weeks ago. I always learn something new. The bonus is all the great stories he tells. It's neat seeing him relive those memories through the sparkle in his eyes. I hope to be so lucky one day and beAble to pass on the same knowledge.
Posted By: Texas Tatonkas

Re: New island - 01/11/16 05:17 AM

I'd love to hang out with that guy in hid shop for a while....awesome work
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:17 PM

Awesome wood work. Your grandad is very talented. Thanks for sharing him with us. cheers
Posted By: Western

Re: New island - 01/11/16 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Great looking work.

Like the second photo, that supposed to look "straight" when you come in after a long night at the bar grin Man has talent and sure is original up
Posted By: huntindude

Re: New island - 01/11/16 01:04 PM

Are you kidding me? He's great. The furniture looks like they were professionally done. Well done pepaw. That gun cabinet is awesome.

Re: New island - 01/11/16 06:05 PM

Thanks guys. He is truly talented. He has a huge sense of pride about his work and never selling any of it. Only giving it away. That's a mans man. Kept his passion as a passion and his work his work. Not many can say they did that.

Re: New island - 01/11/16 06:18 PM

Cool back story about my pepaw, I grew up in the house his father built,which I was close to until 4th grade when he passed away. My room was the room my pepaw added on himself in high school so he could have his own room. It's pretty neat to look at the walls. They are still there even after remodels we did. They had all the numbers of the football players that were on his team burned into the wall by him. Pretty cool. My parents still live in that house on 100 acres that I ran wild on growing up. Family history is a very neat and precious thing.
Posted By: Tux Man

Re: New island - 01/12/16 02:20 AM

Please give your grandfather a hug for me.
I hope that my Papaw meets me @ the pearly gates, hands me a shotgun, and we get re-started

Re: New island - 01/12/16 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Tux Man
Please give your grandfather a hug for me.
I hope that my Papaw meets me @ the pearly gates, hands me a shotgun, and we get re-started

Will do bud!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: New island - 01/12/16 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Great looking work.
Originally Posted By: Stompy
He's talented.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum