Texas Hunting Forum

BuckTales: Wild Wednesday

Posted By: BrazosHunter

BuckTales: Wild Wednesday - 12/04/15 12:14 PM

My morning routine includes a long walk to start the day most often out at the ranch. Since it's deer season I take my rifle but usually just for pigs which have wised up to my plans for them and have moved on for the time being.. but the deer are another story

Posted By: BenBob

Re: BuckTales: Wild Wednesday - 12/04/15 02:15 PM

You are a lucky man. Pretty country.

Re: BuckTales: Wild Wednesday - 12/04/15 08:50 PM

Very Blessed..

Re: BuckTales: Wild Wednesday - 12/04/15 08:57 PM

Friday was just as wild!

Re: BuckTales: Wild Wednesday - 12/05/15 03:21 AM

In the first light of the morning when the sky is clear and cold something very special happens. Try as I may I cannot capture on camera the true essence of the moment. Photos do tell a story but it isn't as rich as seeing it live. Video is one level better but still a far cry from being there. It is the difference of being "in" the story as to the retelling of it after the fact.

My early morning routine has allowed me to witness the changing seasons up close and personal. From the summer sea of green and blue sky to the autumn blending of yellow, orange and red on the return trip to the earth and winter's gray. The discipline of "early to bed and early to rise" has certainly made me healthier both physically and mentally but has had another unexpected side-effect of growing the spiritual seeker within.

Read the rest
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum