Texas Hunting Forum

Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun......

Posted By: skinnerback

Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 04:26 AM

My high school kids and I love range time with center fire rifles, hand guns, plinking with 22's, shooting skeet, bows etc....but there's just something special to me about us lining up in the yard and plinking cans with BB guns. They keep score and enjoy the competition, I enjoy watching. My youngest daughter will be lined up with them soon, looking forward to that. Life is good. Bout to head out for some more hunting, just thought I'd share.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 04:43 AM

You are right, we never get to old to use BB guns.

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

They are fun, cheap to shoot, and will help keep your skills honed regardless of age IMO. Once they are smacking a bunch of cans in a row without missing on the ground (at various distances), then the cans go airborne. Normally the bragging stops once I start flinging cans in the air. I drill them and mix up static targets with flyers. It's fun to us anyway. rifle
Posted By: swmays

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 04:43 PM

up
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 04:47 PM

Great pick man. I love to shoot my little Daisy RR.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 05:11 PM

Makes me remember when……...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 05:25 PM

I believe it is plinking like that that makes a good shooter. Good job dad
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 05:46 PM

Love it! Your daughter is undergunned vs. the Red Ryders though. grin
Posted By: txh

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 07:43 PM

I think your dog is wondering where his gun is.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/24/15 10:10 PM

Which one in the pic is you? confused2

rofl Seriously...looks like good times...... up
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 12:54 AM

Thats awsome. Keep the young ones shooting.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 01:18 AM

cheers Remember those days up What flavor of BB goes with plinking cans grin
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 02:29 AM

good fun, I really like the dog
Posted By: KYBLUEFAN

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: colt45

Looks like a deutch draathar or a GWP.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 04:09 AM

Just made me decide to get one for my son for Christmas. I had forgotten how much fun it was shooting little green army men and cans. up

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 06:13 AM

Thanks everyone. Yes NP, I dunno why I bought that BB gun for her. Guess I had to mix it up a little. My oldest boy wanted to shoot the 22 cal air rifle, so I pulled it out and now my youngest son can't get that air rifle off of his mind. grin Dad, Daaad, Daaaaad I wanna shoot that one please please roflmao Give him the talk about working his way up and he just gives me the old teary eyes LOL. Good times....the 4 yr old wakes up at the crack of dawn, gets dressed, then wakes me up and begs to go outside for target practice. Life is good. up

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Which one in the pic is you? confused2

rofl Seriously...looks like good times...... up

Ha ha. Everyone says that my oldest son looks like me, (poor kid, hears it everywhere he goes), except he is graduating 40 lbs heavier than I did. I was 175, he is 215.

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers Remember those days up What flavor of BB goes with plinking cans grin

Buttered Pecan, or Strawberry. up Wish I HAD some. frown

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEFAN
Originally Posted By: colt45

Looks like a deutch draathar or a GWP.

They are an Irish Wolfhound/Scottish Deerhound/Great Dane cross, they are awesome dogs. Great dogs to have around the family, good with little kids, and are pig catching fools.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 01:11 PM

happy3 Always a fun time plinking cans with kiddos up Makes great family time and memories to last forever! Good looking group of kiddos! Love the dog looking up at them. Great photo!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 05:31 PM

God the fun we had with BB Gun wars roflmao

Goggles, Football Helmets and Coveralls roflmao
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/25/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Yep, we did that too. Good times.

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/26/15 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

roflmao I was in a few BB gun wars myself. If my Dad would have ever found that out I would have never seen my BB gun again. My older neighbor shot me in the butt when I was walking home, so I shot him right between the eyes. whip Good lord..... no glasses or protection of any kind.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/26/15 04:44 AM

up
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/26/15 12:08 PM

Sounds like a great time. up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/26/15 02:13 PM

I have 3 grandsons and just bought them BB guns that were to be from Santa, however they found them under the bed, under a blanket, under a pillow..........No, they were not looking for presents at all. So, the Red Riders are from me this year.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/27/15 10:54 PM

Lot of fun right there up
Posted By: janie

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 02:02 AM

Oh does that bring back memories, and glad to see your keeping things safe SB. I shot my cousin and blew out the lense on his sunglasses.

Good good stuff sir. smile
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: txh
I think your dog is wondering where his gun is.

Agree

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 07:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
I have 3 grandsons and just bought them BB guns that were to be from Santa, however they found them under the bed, under a blanket, under a pillow..........No, they were not looking for presents at all. So, the Red Riders are from me this year.

Ooops LOL. Good thing those kids have a Grandpa in their lives up Good times ahead for sure sir. cheers

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: janie
Oh does that bring back memories, and glad to see your keeping things safe SB. I shot my cousin and blew out the lense on his sunglasses.

Good good stuff sir. smile

roflmao Thanks Ma'am. Guess I'll admit I shot my little brother too. I had a little brother from hell that just pestered the living CRAP out of everybody. I was plinking cans one day and he started throwing rocks at me. I told him to cut it out then he smacked me in the side of the head with a rock, it hurt & ticked me off, so I shot him in the stomach and the BB lodged under the skin eek2 . He hit the ground flopping around like a fish. I told him to calm down & hold still, pulled out my pocket knife to cut the BB out. Then he really freaked roflmao Dad never knew about that one either. roflmao I watch my kids like a hawk now. cheers
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Because you're never too old to plink cans with a BB gun...... - 11/28/15 12:15 PM

Great family fun. Well played Dad. cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum