Texas Hunting Forum

Does he make AR?

Posted By: TexasFJ

Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 12:12 PM

Just kidding. It's a shame. Looks like he has a pretty bad injury on his right front side. No open wound though. Gets around pretty good though I guess.

Posted By: sbushee

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 12:15 PM

That deer needs to be removed from your herd
Posted By: Radical1

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 12:58 PM

I don't think he does. Don't give up too early on him. I've seen deer that have had a bad set of antlers one year and then come back next year like a champ. I can't tell from the pictures but he looks young
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 02:00 PM

I don't think he makes ARs
Posted By: cp50948

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 02:07 PM

This is an odd looking deer. Look how long his legs are. Must be a Giraffe hybrid or something. He's also pretty thin. I might let him go one more year. See what he looks like next year. If he looks the same take him out of herd. I doubt he'll be doing much breeding anyway.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 02:26 PM

looks like he may be starting to get footrot

something wrong with him for sure
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 02:47 PM

That is an older buck that has a shoulder that has been injured or was wounded last year. With the injury and age no telling how good a buck he was at one time. That is not genetic.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 04:24 PM

This deer was evidently sick last year and we were going to cull him. Never could get on him.

Good thing we didn't. This is him this year after getting over whatever had him down.

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 338ultra
This deer was evidently sick last year and we were going to cull him. Never could get on him.

Good thing we didn't. This is him this year after getting over whatever had him down.

What made you think he was sick? You mean just from that pic or yall seen him a few times? Looks fine in that pic.. cool nose lick lol
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 08:48 PM

Had several pictures of him through the growing season and he was poor most of the season. Started rebounding pretty good as fall rolled around.
Posted By: TexasFJ

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 08:50 PM

Hard to tell on age. We have quite a few pictures of him over multiple days but I haven't seen him live. He definitely has a leg injury. He never puts that foot down and you can see times where he is hopping. He's good enough to jump fence though. I'm guessing the injury happened last spring or summer before these horns came in. I would think that would affect his ability to eat. May be why he's so skinny.

Re: Does he make AR? - 11/13/15 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 338ultra
Had several pictures of him through the growing season and he was poor most of the season. Started rebounding pretty good as fall rolled around.

gotcha
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum