Texas Hunting Forum

I blame obama

Posted By: cmc

I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:03 AM

So our cabin has been here for 40 years, in that time it has flooded once, in this year alone it has flooded three times. I'm guessing something has changed the flow of the water somewhere. I think obama did it and I considered standing on the roof of my camper and waiting for assistance but decided to just clean up and try to locate all my belongings yet again. I think it's time to move camp to higher ground and I got a chord of wood to cut now that mine washed away again. May not get as much hunting done as I normally do.

Posted By: tigger

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:06 AM

Where is your camp and that stinks.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:12 AM

Sucks CMC sorry to see it

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: tigger
Where is your camp and that stinks.

Northwest of Jacksboro.

I didn't mind it much in the spring I just figured it happens but the second time it came through the camper. The cabin is basically ruined, it floated the porch this time as you can see by everything turned over. I've cleaned up three times this year and it's beginning to be a beating to show up and have to find propane bottles and chairs and the like 200 yards from camp.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:25 AM

Daayyum cmc, that's rough!! Sorry man!!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:40 AM

Very sorry cmc, that is not a pretty picture. A new plan is definitely in order. Bug out time.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:52 AM

That would suck. bang
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 03:01 AM

Been such a Odd Year Chris, hope all your stuff was okay Sir
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 11:49 AM

That really sucks. Such a nice camp setup.

I agree it's time to find higher ground. I wish you good luck sorting it all out.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Very sorry cmc, that is not a pretty picture. A new plan is definitely in order. Bug out time.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:26 PM

Happened to us too. Just hope that waterline doesn't get into that travel trailer.... Washed the floor completely outta ours.
Posted By: Western

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:42 PM

Sorry to see that CMC, You're a better man than I, I would have lit a match the second time around. Send Obummer the bill.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:44 PM

Sorry man. Been there a few times and it does suck.
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:51 PM

Sorry bud, that sucks
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 12:54 PM

Keep on keeping on. I can't even get into my place. There is no road left and it was made even worse after getting my neighbor unstuck and tearing up what little road was left. The guy who takes care of my place has had to stay in town for the last 2 weeks because he can't make it in to his trailer and the rain came again yesterday and supposed to go through the weekend. From severe drought to flood. I just hope the food plots didn't wash completely out.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 02:18 PM

That sucks man, time to move to higher ground or start building everything in the air!
Posted By: Spades

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 03:06 PM

Welcome to Texas. Flood or drought. I hate to see that. Hope you are able to salvage some of it and get some hunting done!
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 03:57 PM

How high's the water, Mama!?
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 04:27 PM

Sorry VJ. Hope it gets better for you soon sir.

Re: I blame obama - 11/05/15 08:55 PM

Thanks men. I got some work to do for sure but there's always work to do.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 12:37 AM

Just be careful in that flood water. You never know what's in it.

Posted By: Stub

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 05:40 PM

Bummer are you up by Antelope close to the west fork of the trinity? I am off 148 & Jamison if you need anything PM me.

You are not the only one having problems, check out this Dallas Morning News article, hope that guy with the stick finds the ship rofl

Posted By: chalet

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 05:47 PM

I hunted on the West fork a mile or two east of the 281 bridge for a few years back in the 90's. You want to talk about a river that would come up fast. Me and dad hunted the far side of our place across the river. One morning it was raining and we drove across in his 77 Chevy 4x4 swb, water was up around the bottom of the hubcaps. By end of hunt midmorning it was above the fenderwells on his truck. He said what do you think when we pulled up to the crossing, I said heck its your truck and so he drove off in it. Water came over the hood on the way down but we made it through, the road had a good bottom there.

To the OP- Sorry about the hassle. My camp is in pretty bad shape this year also, I'm about right to push it in a pile, burn it down and start over.
Posted By: Cast

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 05:48 PM

Move your camp, it'll never flood again. Murphy's Law.

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 10:05 PM

Thanks for offer Stub. I'm off 2190 and 148 about six miles down 2190 on both sides of the highway.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: I blame obama - 11/06/15 10:26 PM

That sucks bud. Never fun to rebuild, just hope it is all salvageable
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum