Texas Hunting Forum

Old picture Young buck

Posted By: titan2232

Old picture Young buck - 10/14/15 07:38 PM

Was going through some old East Texas photos and came across this one. Obvious young deer with a pretty little rack. The date is correct so I'm sure he's a nice buck by now if he's still living.

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Old picture Young buck - 10/14/15 08:05 PM

We get pictures of older bucks and I don't recognize them from year to year sometimes, but if you sit down and flip through the pictures from the year or two before a lot of times it will come screaming out at you which deer it is.

Would be nice to know, that is for sure
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Old picture Young buck - 10/14/15 08:11 PM

Should be able to pic him out by those angled inward browtines and shape of his beams. If you have any color daytime pics maybe you can pick out somethings for reference year to year. Many disappear for a year or two only to show back up. Some never again for me.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Old picture Young buck - 10/14/15 08:21 PM

This buck was taken 2 years later and looks really similar, but don't think it could have grown that much body wise.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Old picture Young buck - 10/14/15 08:38 PM

Browtines do not angle the same though, one is outward and on inward. If you have a pic of a buck the next year that looks like either it will help. He is either 2 or 3 to me in the top pic with your early rut. That buck appear to be 5 in the kill pic.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum