Texas Hunting Forum

Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is?

Posted By: Garett

Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 04:20 PM

Curious on what you think the score of this first buck is? first two pictures are him. i believe he is a 13 point if you recognize his small drop tines that are coming in. We don't have any there deer with his mass so we are curious if he could have escaped from a game ranch. The second buck is a 10 point but you can't see the split on one of the horns. What do you think?

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 04:41 PM

Nice buck
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 04:42 PM

130's
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 04:46 PM

Deer will go high 130s. Doubt he's a high fence escapee. Just got lucky and lived long enough to grow up.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 04:53 PM

Any better pics of the first buck? Nice beams and spread is all I can see.

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 05:46 PM

This was him last year. 9 points and no drops. 13 now this year.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 06:25 PM

Nice one.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 07:13 PM

Not an escapee. Nice buck.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 07:33 PM

Can't score from those photos. But if you're going to kill one, kill the 10 point. He's a year or two older than the larger buck.

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 07:44 PM

i would love to leave the big buck for a few more years but i am worried about my neighbors taking him first
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Garett
i would love to leave the big buck for a few more years but i am worried about my neighbors taking him first

As others have said then you are that neighbor... bolt

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 07:58 PM

very good point, i guess we will see if i can control myself if he walks out this season.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/06/15 10:41 PM

the buck in your last pic is 110 at best - but depending on the area you are hunting in he may be a shooter
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/07/15 02:02 AM

He has the frame and look of a 140 type buck, but need much better/closer pics of him to tell more.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/07/15 02:04 AM

Mid 130's
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/07/15 07:14 AM

Trophy
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/07/15 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
He has the frame and look of a 140 type buck, but need much better/closer pics of him to tell more.

That's what I see in the first pics too. First deer will score a lot better than the 10 point, but can't tell how much from those pics.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Cold front brings out the bucks, what do you think the score is? - 10/07/15 01:40 PM

Can't eat the horns. All I see is a good amount of Sausage.! food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum