Texas Hunting Forum

This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO

Posted By: tlk

This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:28 PM

I posted pics of this guy awhile back. He has had a crippled leg from the first time we saw him four years ago but shows no signs of injury. Driving on the lease a few weeks ago and turned the corner and there he stood. Got about a 3 second glimpse of him live. We think he is 200 plus. LF
I added one more video

[img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/tkennedy5353/th_crip%202015_zps6kxjss9v.mp4[/img][img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/tkennedy5353/th_Crip%2020153_zpsy1jx1zfm.mp4[/img]

[img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/tkennedy5353/th_Crip%2020153_zpsy1jx1zfm.mp4[/img]
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:32 PM

Either on of those two at the feeder would be just fine with me. Great bucks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:45 PM

Great buck. I get mid 190's and I usually 6" or so low on my score guesses. He won't shrink when he hits the ground.

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Great buck. I get mid 190's and I usually 6" or so low on my score guesses. He won't shrink when he hits the ground.

As you well know it is difficult to score off a still pic - videos are a little better - but I am guessing he will hit the 200 - I will post a few more videos of him later at different angles - no matter what he scores he is a brute

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Rabbit
Either on of those two at the feeder would be just fine with me. Great bucks.

That is funny - I never even saw the other deer until you mentioned it. He is a straight 6 on one side but the other side is screwed up

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk

As you well know it is difficult to score off a still pic - videos are a little better - but I am guessing he will hit the 200 - I will post a few more videos of him later at different angles - no matter what he scores he is a brute

Very hard for me to judge tine/beam length well in that video. I only used 27" MB but thinking they are much longer.

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:02 PM

another angle

[img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/tkennedy5353/th_Crip%2020153_zpsy1jx1zfm.mp4[/img]

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:07 PM

He appears to be a 190 class typical then around 18" of kickers.

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:10 PM

we will take that!! we think he is 6 - has always been small body deer - we have four years of pics of him - which means if he is only 5 years old then he was a 180 inch two year old -

Still not sure if leg injury was at birth or after he was born. We have seen him fight other bucks with no sign of limping or impairment. It is right in his joint - I lean towards a birth defect rather than injury. I also think he is offspring of the 201 I killed in 2009

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:13 PM

I think this may be his Daddy - what do you guys think?

Posted By: Tres

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:16 PM

Yah, he's aight roflmao cheers
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:48 PM

He has got to go 200 or more. Great trophy.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/28/15 11:59 PM

What an absolute stud!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 01:12 AM

Wow he turned into a Monarch. Really like that frame. cheers
Posted By: texasspazzman

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 01:24 AM

eek2 eek2 eek2

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 01:29 AM

we will take that!! we think he is 6 - has always been small body deer - we have four years of pics of him - which means if he is only 5 years old then he was a 180 inch two year old -

Still not sure if leg injury was at birth or after he was born. We have seen him fight other bucks with no sign of limping or impairment. It is right in his joint - I lean towards a birth defect rather than injury. I also think he is offspring of the 201 I killed in 2009

That small body size worries me a bit. I seen aerial survey pics of a what looked like a huge 10 point back about 15 yrs ago from Zavala County. I was the lowest guess on him at 182-183, biologist was 1-2" higher on guess and everyone else was upper 80's+. He looked huge in the pictures. He was a 5 yr old and killed in November. He was very small bodied. He grossed 173 or 174 and barely netted under book. He lacked spread, beam length and mass.

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 10:34 AM

That small body size worries me a bit. I seen aerial survey pics of a what looked like a huge 10 point back about 15 yrs ago from Zavala County. I was the lowest guess on him at 182-183, biologist was 1-2" higher on guess and everyone else was upper 80's+. He looked huge in the pictures. He was a 5 yr old and killed in November. He was very small bodied. He grossed 173 or 174 and barely netted under book. He lacked spread, beam length and mass.

Good point - the 201 pictured that was killed in 2009 also appeared small bodied in pictures etc but when on the ground his weight was normal for our deer. It was almost like the horns made his body appear smaller. Anyway we will hopefully get a tape on him this year and find out for sure
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 10:42 AM

What's your best deer off that place, pics?

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 01:29 PM

204 and a 201
Posted By: BenBob

Re: This guy finished out pretty strong - VIDEO - 09/29/15 01:33 PM

Hoss Daddy right there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum