Texas Hunting Forum

Game cams and iphones

Posted By: SkiBuck

Game cams and iphones - 09/17/15 04:00 AM

Has anyone used the sd card reader with your iphone to view game cam pics? How well does it work?
Posted By: Bdontexoma

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/17/15 04:56 AM

I bought one for my iPad mini. The actual Apple reader and it didn't work. Something about formatting and the ipad mini would read the card...

Somewhat mad about that... I don't ever know what I did with the reader now...

Sooo to make up for that I went out and bought a very small Acer netbook for under $200 it works extremely well. I just carry it in my backpack and pop it out at each camera, move all the pics over to a folder and pop the card back in the camera. In and out of the woods very quickly!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/17/15 01:35 PM

I bought the wire for my Andriod phone that coverts the charging port to a normal size usb port. I can use an sd card reader and see the pictures from game camera no problem.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/17/15 06:10 PM

Yes you can buy them. I bought one for my phone but went back and got the one for my iPad and works great
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/17/15 06:21 PM

Used one for my Ipad. ordered it off Amazon.

Worked well initially, but not very durable. As Im sure you can imagine though, anything and everything that spends enough time at camp tends to wear faster.
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/18/15 04:52 PM

There is not a sd reader for any iphone. if they advertise that it works on an iphone they are lying. The iphone does not have the software to use a sd reader.

As for ipads they can use sd readers. some cheap china ones may have issues but they generally work. on my ipad 2 i used to use a cheap one from amazon and it worked well until i updated my ipad. After the update it would not work at all unless i jailbroke my ipad and installed some software tweaks. then i went ahead and bought a new one from amazon and it work without a jailbreak.

My ipad always said that it was not supported but it would still work. I have read that the apple ones transfer pictures faster but i have not spent the money for a apple one.

If you get one off of amazon please make sure it will work with you ios on your ipad.
Posted By: TAFFMASTER

Re: Game cams and iphones - 09/24/15 03:32 PM

It has to be Ipad and I have done it. It makes you save them all and takes forever to load. Use computer if you can...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum