Texas Hunting Forum

Finally a couple bucks on TC

Posted By: Western

Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 08:59 PM

Before y'all start laughing, I only have 15.28 acres now, so I have to try to balance 100% habitat, as that is all I can manage. Small land is impossible to do much as far as herd management, so I try to best my little property best I can.

Small group of bucks coming over the back fence (only large acreage owner, 200 acres).
This looks like a nice upcoming 8, a few more over the fence coming in.

Another nice and upcoming smaller 8 and what appears to be a 11-12 pnt up
Posted By: rickym

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 09:07 PM

up the second buck in the bottom picture looks real nice. Love the long brows
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 09:07 PM

Very nice Dennis. Nothing to laugh at!

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 09:35 PM

See if this photo is any better?

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 09:42 PM

Can see enough to tell age but I definitely like the 10 with the split browtine.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Can see enough to tell age but I definitely like the 10 with the split browtine.

Yes sir, that is the fella I keep looking at! I hope to get better photos of him around the feeder. They know "dad" is fixing to be working on the food plots. have corn and protein still going and it has been getting hit hard by the does lately.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/21/15 10:14 PM

Keep doin what you've been doin, it'll all pay off up
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 12:49 AM

Nice Wise County Western, things looking good there. That 8 and 10-11 pt. looking pretty good. Will be interesting to see how they look fully post velvet.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 01:37 AM

DQ, what the wife and I where just saying, cant wait to see them slicked off. I have seen some in the past, that after they rubbed off, I wasn't to impressed, but on this small of acreage, I try not to get caught up in growing horns to much, just enjoy working the land and seeing what happens.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 04:31 AM

Nice bucks. The 8 looks to be middle-aged. The 10-11pt is hard to say how old he is from that pic.

What is this buck standing off to the left in the second pic?

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 04:39 AM

Not sure STX, I have this TC set for 1 minute intervals, so that one only got in the one photo. From what I can tell so far, it is a bachelor herd of 5-6. Hopefully tomorrow they visit the feeder and give me a few closeups on that TC.

The 8 in the photo with the 11, I think is around 2.5? 1st 8 I think is around 4.5.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 04:44 AM

Stupid me didn't pull the feeder card since I pulled it yesterday, so I may have more phoos there in the am.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 01:42 PM

Disturbing the area less only helps up
I think those ages are probably pretty close, I as well am interested to see the deer off to the right. He appears to have a thicker neck and may be an older shooter
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 01:53 PM

Looking good! up
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 01:58 PM

Dang Dennis! I hunt less than 5 acres here and have some nice bucks passing thru. At least you get to see your's in the daylight! up

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 02:25 PM

Thanks fellas.

Joe, I have had them in the yard, wife fed them in the backyard for a long time, until they started hanging out behind the house and eating all her plants grin Mostly does and fawns usually, but occasionally a young buck will be in the yard as well, lost 2, 3 year old pine trees we planted by the front porch, to a young frisky buck bang

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 04:21 PM

No new photos, but I had a couple on the feeder TC from the same day.
The 11 is on the left in both photos, but no still shots.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 04:55 PM

I think the buck in the middle of the first picture posted today may be the one hidden to the right in the other picture

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 05:16 PM

I tend to agree, just based on how I know they come in, that would be the right position from the back fence (if they didn't dilly dally around)
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/22/15 10:51 PM

Zooming in kills the quality but he's nice. Main frame 10 with a split brow is what it looks like. He'd be my target buck.

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/29/15 07:16 PM

They are starting to be more "regular". Here is the one I believe was in the 1st couple photos, but out of range.

Posted By: erok11

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/29/15 09:25 PM

Nice bucks Western ! cheers

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/29/15 10:25 PM

Thanks erok
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/30/15 10:38 AM

Great looking bucks Dennis. I like the mature 8.

That eleven point looks very promising. I think he will appear to be a year away or so once he drops his velvet. A year away from being mature yes, but hard to pass on a small parcel of land. up

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/30/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Great looking bucks Dennis. I like the mature 8.

That eleven point looks very promising. I think he will appear to be a year away or so once he drops his velvet. A year away from being mature yes, but hard to pass on a small parcel of land. up

I agree, the eleven needs more time as he looks right now. I hope to see him in person just to make sure he is a younger guy. Hoping to get better photos of him though.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/30/15 07:38 PM

Sweet up
Posted By: Stub

Re: Finally a couple bucks on TC - 08/30/15 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Sweet up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum